Our African Players

The Hammer 11

Was just thinking about our potential issues with the African cup of nations and have we ever had a time previously where we’ve had such a strong contingent of players with an African background. I know a while back we had links with South Africa and players like Johnny Hubbard but it’s mental to think we’ve got future stars of decent national teams like Nigeria in the squad compared to a few years ago when we had absolute dross in the team 

36 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Playing a football tournament in Africa at the height of summer might be a bit difficult to be fair. 

So the European leagues should take that into account.

Is it true we can postpone games if we have 3 or more players away?

19 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

So the European leagues should take that into account.

Is it true we can postpone games if we have 3 or more players away?

On paper there is a Law of the Scottish game that under such a thing happening then teams can ask for a postponement of their fixtures however this is Scotland you're talking about here and if the Hierarchy that are ruining the game in the Country deem a rule fit to be broken to suit the team that call all the shots in Scotland then rules , for the most part , are moot and booted right into touch.

If all our players are back and they are missing up to 3 or more watch the rule being enforced though,,,,,,,after all it's what they do.:sarcasm:

14 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Bougherra was a nuisance for international duty. Forever returning late saying he couldn’t find his passport.

Was a bigger nuisance the night we played Dundee utd near Christmas a few year back. I'd backed us to win 6 nil and was basically counting the cash as we were sat perfectly and then I saw him pick the ball up. I was in the copland and just saw him running towards us, no cunt tackling, he kept going and going.... I fucking knew what he was gonna do.

Still cheered his goal in but ffs. I was pissed off later on.  Betting slip was confettied on the spot 

12 hours ago, crabbit247 said:

Was a bigger nuisance the night we played Dundee utd near Christmas a few year back. I'd backed us to win 6 nil and was basically counting the cash as we were sat perfectly and then I saw him pick the ball up. I was in the copland and just saw him running towards us, no cunt tackling, he kept going and going.... I fucking knew what he was gonna do.

Still cheered his goal in but ffs. I was pissed off later on.  Betting slip was confettied on the spot 

Was 7 1 game

IMG-20211231-WA0000.thumb.jpg.95f8cf38d9fdfb50c044e4b1d39a76ce.jpg