*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I guess if you have 7 full caps for the USA at 21 years of age you probably can play a bit. 

Can he adapt to the Scottish game and hit the ground running would be my only concern. 

This is the concern for me. He is clearly rated as a player but give it 30 seconds with the game being played at breakneck speed and someone clattering him, there is a danger the game might either pass him by or he loses the head. 

BBC line-up :lol: 

Aberdeen: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic, Kamara, Sands, Hagi, Wright, Kent, Morelos.

Substitutes: McLaughlin, Simpson, Balogun, King, Lundstram, Bacuna, McCann, Itten, Sakala.

Rangers: Lewis, McCrorie, Bates, Hayes, Ramsay, Brown, Ojo, Ferguson, Jenks, Hedges, Ramirez.

Substitutes: Woods, Gallagher, McGinn, Emmanuel-Thomas, McGeouch, McLennan, Campbell, Barron, Kennedy. :unsure:

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Am I wrong to think it's just a bit lightweight - there's a couple of games in which I'd prefer us to have a bit more dig & Pittodrie is one.

But in saying that I remember on a H & H podcast they suggested that's why Gerrard got it wrong against Hearts & Aberdeen because he focused too much on a battle as opposed to playing football.

Gio's emphasis on one touch and moving the ball on quickly looks quite effective so far.

How come the tarriers got to play last night? Don’t understand that. Now they get two extra days rest before they play next compared to us that are playing again on Friday?  Doesn’t make sense.   Either we all should have been playing tonight or we should have been the Monday game if we’re playing Friday

2 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Aberdeen: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic, Kamara, Sands, Hagi, Wright, Kent, Morelos.

Substitutes: McLaughlin, Simpson, Balogun, King, Lundstram, Bacuna, McCann, Itten, Sakala.

Rangers: Lewis, McCrorie, Bates, Hayes, Ramsay, Brown, Ojo, Ferguson, Jenks, Hedges, Ramirez.

Substitutes: Woods, Gallagher, McGinn, Emmanuel-Thomas, McGeouch, McLennan, Campbell, Barron, Kennedy. :unsure:

Furfuxsake scrap the licence 

3 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Easy mistake tbh 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

How come the tarriers got to play last night? Don’t understand that. Now they get two extra days rest before they play next compared to us that are playing again on Friday?  Doesn’t make sense.   Either we all should have been playing tonight or we should have been the Monday game if we’re playing Friday

Hibs play on Thursday again m8

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Hibs play on Thursday night.

5 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

McCrorie, Bates and Sheyi Ojo's return...

We're fucked.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Hibs play on Thursday again m8

Aye someone literally pointed that out to me on the group chat but hibs or cove don’t play at the weekend so why are they playing Thursday?

4 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

This is the concern for me. He is clearly rated as a player but give it 30 seconds with the game being played at breakneck speed and someone clattering him, there is a danger the game might either pass him by or he loses the head. 

I am hoping GVB has assessed he is mature enough to handle it. Thought he would have been introduced on Friday night as opposed to tonight.  As others have said "in Gio we trust".