*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

36 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Am I wrong to think it's just a bit lightweight - there's a couple of games in which I'd prefer us to have a bit more dig & Pittodrie is one.

But in saying that I remember on a H & H podcast they suggested that's why Gerrard got it wrong against Hearts & Aberdeen because he focused too much on a battle as opposed to playing football.

100% agree with the latter. Just start reducing yourself to their level of you prepare too much for a battle. Our obvious superiority is skill levels, so we should focus on that imo.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

100% agree with the latter. Just start reducing yourself to their level of you prepare too much for a battle. Our obvious superiority is skill levels, so we should focus on that imo.

There definitely is a balance required though, hopefully Sands is solid, he's a decent size. 

2 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think that is the best starting line up available to us - not by some distance! Strange selection.

I don't think it's that strange. The front 3 seems to be what Gio favours and in midfield it was a choice between Sands, Lundstram and Bacuna. He went with Sands.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Rangers coaches have been impressed by Sands passing abilities during training and I can't imagine they would've been overly sold on Lundstram with his weak technical skills.  It makes sense to go with Sands especially as the other option would be Bacuna who is far more attack minded and not going to be effective dropping deep to win tackles that will undoubtedly be needed for this game.

Think we really need a right winger in during this window.

I like Wright, but really dont think he is good enough to be relied on to lock down a starting place for where we want to be. Hagi certainly is not the answer there, but hope he comes into his own in the middle.

Sakala also seems to be falling out of favour a bit. Getting Lundstrum vibes from him also.

3 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

What would you have gone with?

Sakala for Wright ( although I like Wright) and would like to have seen Bacuna play midfield instead of Bassey. Love Bassey as a defender, but in midfield....  Anyway, hope I am proved very wrong.