*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

27 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Should professional football players not be able to play more than one system or should our management play a system that best suits the players available.

Not a big fan of the one system fits all approach.

Yeah he should but the reality is we play with one specific CDM (Kamara) and the other players should be more box to box / advanced which to date we haven’t seen from Lundstram.

GvB has shown he is willing to tweak his formation so hopefully we call it right for the game with formation and team selection.

20 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Only if we drop down to their level, that side should be able to easily out pass and out class their midfield. 

Thankfully we'll never know as there is zero chance we go there that open and weak in the middle of the park

12 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

This was the 6pm kick affs on a sunday, the night plod was [itchside dressed as Robocop, the night my heed was split open by a pound coin that landed in my hood, kept that for good luck.

Chelsea, Stockport in amongst the Rangers end, Spurs were in amongst the sheep.

Never understood the thing about English clubs's fans tagging on to Scottish 'casuals'. Was at an away game at Easter Road in the 90's when a load of Oldham fans amongst the junkies were giving it large to arriving Bears. Oldham were playing at home that day too.....bizarre!

8 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Never understood the thing about English clubs's fans tagging on to Scottish 'casuals'. Was at an away game at Easter Road in the 90's when a load of Oldham fans amongst the junkies were giving it large to arriving Bears. Oldham were playing at home that day too.....bizarre!

Oldham is twinned with leith. Same shitehole.

91E9F04A-1C73-43F2-9B95-660E7591B0A6.gif.949477992474be327890affcaf6aa958.gif

30 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Blow Arfield being out. 

Reckon it will be:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Barasic 

Lundstram Kamara 

Wright Hagi Kent 

Morelos 

Think the only real decision for Gio is Wright or Sakala. I’d go Sakala myself, but doesn’t seem to get much game time since Hearts (where I thought he was pretty good)z

45 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Can you report a negative lateral flow test today and it be valid for tomorrow or does it need to be done on the same day?

If you’re doing one today why not just do one tomorrow? 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think the only real decision for Gio is Wright or Sakala. I’d go Sakala myself, but doesn’t seem to get much game time since Hearts (where I thought he was pretty good)z

Think Wright will start. Had a really good game last time vs St mirren. See that keeping him in the side. 

Not sure what's happening with Sakala. Though a front 3 of Morelos, Kent and Sakala would get more time after the hearts game 

With Arfield being out, it might even open door for Bacuna in the advanced role. We need to see what he can do at some point, especially if Hagi starts and is off the boil

Like other posters, suspect it will be Kamara, Lundstrum and Hagi, which doesn't fill me with huge confidence.

What does inspire me with confidence, is the fact under Gio we seem to be much more focused and adept at doing homework on opponents than the last regime, so confident even with players out we'll have a good game plan up our sleeve for this lot.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

I'm not actually doing one. Don't know how long it takes for the confirmation text to come through as I've never registered one before

So you’re faking a negative result? Are you not vaccinated either? 

52 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

With Arfield being out, it might even open door for Bacuna in the advanced role. We need to see what he can do at some point, especially if Hagi starts and is off the boil

Like other posters, suspect it will be Kamara, Lundstrum and Hagi, which doesn't fill me with huge confidence.

What does inspire me with confidence, is the fact under Gio we seem to be much more focused and adept at doing homework on opponents than the last regime, so confident even with players out we'll have a good game plan up our sleeve for this lot.

I was thinking this myself. From the bits and bobs we've seen of him it looks like a role that would suit him pretty well. I suppose it just depends how in favour he is with the manager!