*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Poor performance but can’t afford many more like that. 
Bassey has done a job but we need either Balogun or preferably Helander back ASAP. Missing Aribo is huge and Kamara needs a real vocal dominant midfielder beside him - as much as he’s a lovely player he is too timid - someone to get in about people and stir things up would let Kamara flourish. Midfield is a real problem Davis has seen his best days, Jack still seems a good bit away if ever, Hagi is too inconsistent and Arfield is too slow. Lundstrum needs moved on and Bacuna is a waste of a wage. 
We create fuck all from the middle of the park and haven’t for some time - this needs addressed pronto - and for fuck sake someone give Tav and GVB a shake - their interviews were embarrassing - timid as fuck and happy with a point after being one up against a pish Aberdeen. Need to get a major grip on things before Feb 

With no Aribo there is no quality or drive and then we add in we will be missing Kent it's not good. Livingston is going to be just as hard as last night and unless we sign a genuine quality midfielder I'm worried. 

Can't count Jack as he's back for 1 then out for the next dozen. No idea what's up with Davis and Arfield either. 

It's not the result that worried me because it was a point gained but the performance was as bad as anything I've seen bar the cup game this season. We looked like a relegation side the way we lost the ball, folded against the press and didn't create a thing. 

Hopefully an off day but the warning signs are there 

I find it mental that Hagi is in line to get a new contract absolutely howling. 

That pass to Morelos who was 10 yards away at head height before it got squared to Tav was an absolute embarrassment. If Morelos doesn’t come out with outstanding control it goes straight to an Aberdeen player who are 4v4 for about 50 yards of the pitch. 

He’s absolute garbage and needs punted on his name not ability 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I find it mental that Hagi is in line to get a new contract absolutely howling. 

That pass to Morelos who was 10 yards away at head height before it got squared to Tav was an absolute embarrassment. If Morelos doesn’t come out with outstanding control it goes straight to an Aberdeen player who are 4v4 for about 50 yards of the pitch. 

He’s absolute garbage and needs punted on his name not ability 

Been patient with him but he doesn't offer enough, his goal aside he was awful. Should sell while his profile is still decent. Can't rely on a player like that

9 hours ago, King Jela said:

If our gaffer sends us out playing like that against the Torbett's that new manager bounce run of results you mentioned won't matter a fuck. 

Imagine getting defensive after that shit-show. 

We were losing the midfield battle, putting another body in there made sense at the time although I'd of taken Hagi off at the same time for Sakala to give us another option on the break.

Was a poor performance, similar to the one at Easter Road which we got away with. That run of results no one expected us to win all of them, people on here we're expecting a few defeats after the semi final shambles.

Bad night, we move.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Been patient with him but he doesn't offer enough, his goal aside he was awful. Should sell while his profile is still decent. Can't rely on a player like that

I loved him when he first came here. He had serious ability to unlock defences and always took a pop from outside the box. Hardly if ever does either and is getting slower every season. 

His passing for a player in his position is miles off it. I can’t get over how bad that pass was last night, and he does it 5-6 times a game which either gives the ball away or stops an attack for us. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I loved him when he first came here. He had serious ability to unlock defences and always took a pop from outside the box. Hardly if ever does either and is getting slower every season. 

His passing for a player in his position is miles off it. I can’t get over how bad that pass was last night, and he does it 5-6 times a game which either gives the ball away or stops an attack for us. 

Dont think he’s ever scored from outside the box but I could be wrong :lol: 

Always balloons them over

There can be no glossing over that last night. We have to admit that our players totally shite themselves coming up against Aberdeen and Brown. The manager and captain both seem to think we did well in spells last night and that was an acceptable level.

Sorry Gio, your honeymoon period ended last night. Things need addressing in the dressing room, starting with our mentality.

13 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Dont think he’s ever scored from outside the box but I could be wrong :lol: 

Always balloons them over

I just liked the fact he tried tbh mate, we’re absolutely criminal for it. 

Now though his general play is non-existent. A passenger for 99% of the time last night. I’d move him on and reinvest some of the money we’d get for him

23 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It’s not that unlikely that we could be back 6 clear or potentially 7 clear next Wednesday night.

Ross should be working every hour until then to get Souttar, a right winger and another midfielder in the door.

It stings but we’ve came through our toughest period of the season with 27 points from a possible 29. It doesn’t excuse last night, but better Rangers teams have went to Pittodrie and lost.

Frustrating performance but perspective needed. Some seem to be letting the noise of others get to them.

More focus should be on Clancy tbh. It’s about time we called it out. Kents two yellows aren’t even fouls and forcing Barisic to go off after Brown had a word in his ear was scandalous. 

I still think we’ll go to the piggery at least 6 clear, however if it is only 4 we’ll know we’re in a serious fight for the title. 

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

There can be no glossing over that last night. We have to admit that our players totally shite themselves coming up against Aberdeen and Brown. The manager and captain both seem to think we did well in spells last night and that was an acceptable level.

Sorry Gio, your honeymoon period ended last night. Things need addressing in the dressing room, starting with our mentality.

Harsh but it's needed. Even the interview after the game was worrying

Can't go into games like that and playing a boy who's just arrived. Sands wasn't the worst granted but didn't appear to do anything either. 

Our full backs were a big part of our success and they are being held back for some reason. That last night was far too defensive against that shite. 

Not hitting the panic button, being realistic about football you are always going to have performances/results like that throughout a season (doesn't soften the blow right enough). Just need to pick ourselves up and move on and make sure a performance like that is few and far between. Agree that we could be doing with some more reinforcements sooner rather than later.

Usually hate moaning about ref's but will make an exception of that for Clancy, holy fuck man. Really really bad at his job, stopped the game at every chance he got, Kent's two bookings were as soft as shite and unnecessary ( bad day when Andy Walker is sticking up for us) Hayes probably should've been off, then too send Barasic off as a result of that and leave us down to nine was laughable. McCrorie lucky to be on the park as well, his booking should've been his second considering he had a challenge on Sands well after the ball had been played. 

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

When we start missing one player, who is away on international duty, you just know you’re heading for trouble

If Aribo was playing last night I doubt we would have dropped points. To me that is the problem 

It’s not just one though, is it?

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s not just one though, is it?

Surprised more hasn’t been made of how many players we were missing last night

On another night we get three points, I don’t recall them having many clear cut opportunities

59 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

More focus should be on Clancy tbh. It’s about time we called it out. Kents two yellows aren’t even fouls and forcing Barisic to go off after Brown had a word in his ear was scandalous. 

I still think we’ll go to the piggery at least 6 clear, however if it is only 4 we’ll know we’re in a serious fight for the title. 

A nose bleed caused when Barasic  got smacked twice in the face, right in front of the linesman