*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

looking back at the last game against Hearts we were very lucky to come away with three points and were almost equally as poor.

if you’re trying to say that we were almost equally as poor at Tynecastle winning 2-0 away as that last night then I see games completely different from you. Hearts away was a really good performance. Last night was fucking shocking. To compare the two leaves me pretty much speechless here and questioning what you’re seeing.

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just hope this was a one off but looking back at the last game against Hearts we were very lucky to come away with three points and were almost equally as poor. Again, it was the high press from hearts that we struggled with. Gio needs to address that sooner rather than later.

I’m not buying we were lucky to win that game. They had chances, so what? So does every team.

We took hours early and kept a clean sheet the rest of the game.

Its a difficult place to go.

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just hope this was a one off but looking back at the last game against Hearts we were very lucky to come away with three points and were almost equally as poor. Again, it was the high press from hearts that we struggled with. Gio needs to address that sooner rather than later.

And struggled against Hibs with a late penalty and at home to Dundee Utd needed a late penalty! 

I think Souttar coming out with the ball at the back could improve us massively 

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We created plenty against Hearts but gave away a lot of chances.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen away we've got 7 points out of 9 but luck's played its part. 

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

And struggled against Hibs with a late penalty and at home to Dundee Utd needed a late penalty! 

I think Souttar coming out with the ball at the back could improve us massively 

Actually forgot about the Dundee United game it was that bad. The signs are there unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m not buying we were lucky to win that game. They had chances, so what? So does every team.

We took hours early and kept a clean sheet the rest of the game.

Its a difficult place to go.

You should take a minute or 60 to write that again mate.

We aren’t going to bulldoze teams every game :lol:

It’s puzzling that the wins against Hibs, Hearts & Dundee United are now being considered struggles and ‘writing on the wall’ flash-points , as opposed to massive hard-fought wins against the difficult teams in the league.

We deserved to win in every single one of those games. You could point to almost every victory and pick out a moment in the game that could’ve changed its momentum.

That’s football.

34 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree and was hoping someone else would say it tbh, because we have been (at times) way, way too passive.  We can't keep being like that as we won't get away with it. 

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It’s puzzling that the wins against Hibs, Hearts & Dundee United are now being considered struggles and ‘writing on the wall’ flash-points , as opposed to massive hard-fought wins against the difficult teams in the league.

We deserved to win in every single one of those games. You could point to almost every victory and pick out a moment in the game that could’ve changed its momentum.

That’s football.

Nobody expects to bulldoze every team. Usually the pish you see on here after a bad result as if to offer some perspective. We were pish. We were pish in the games against Hibs and Dundee Hibs and created next to nothing. Hearts game we created chances. 

Point is 4 games outwith the scum that are traditional big games and we've looked shaky/shite in 3/4. We won't get Porteous diving in and giving away a penalty to bail us out or the Dundee United player handling it in the box for no reason to bail us out in every game against these clubs, our qualiry has to shine through and it isn't. Even last night was a howler between the sheep defence and keeper which led us to score. 

28 minutes ago, CR3 said:

if you’re trying to say that we were almost equally as poor at Tynecastle winning 2-0 away as that last night then I see games completely different from you. Hearts away was a really good performance. Last night was fucking shocking. To compare the two leaves me pretty much speechless here and questioning what you’re seeing.

I think we were better against Hearts than we were last night, that's why I said almost as poor. You seeing Hearts away as a really good performance is also a bit different to what I seen.. Hearts dominated us for large spells. They had more possession, more shots, more passes, more corners, hit the bar twice and generally we were a bit lucky to come away with 3 points. Its easy to get mixed up with a good performance and a good result.

My point is these better quality teams who press high and don't just park the bus are causing us problems and we haven't adapted to it well. 

14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

That’s football.

Dundee United and Hibs were both struggles though, and to say we ‘deserved’ to win either is debatable 

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I remember when we signed Terry Hurlock for games like these and the scum. Not the most skilful player and we had better already at the club but he had a presence and could not be intimidated. Don’t remember us ever being bullied when he was playing.

A bit of finesse around an enforcer from guys like Kamara is fine but we need a much stronger core, we’re too weak, especially against teams who play against us as if their families’ lives depended on it.

You need to win that battle and earn that right to play the pretty stuff.

This^. Said it for a while, we need some home-grown players with teeth in the mix like Hurlock, Bomber, Ian Ferguson, or Souness. Ours is a league of hammer throwers - we all know it - and it makes sense to have a few in there to back up the skill positions - folk brought up with the mindset that won’t back down. 

Well that was pish. 

Started not too bad, looking pretty slick, but after the goal looked like half the team were still working off their Xmas dinner. No dig in the middle, looked a yard slower and half as hungry as Aberdeen, and missing Aribo big time. Absolute shocker of a performance from Clancy which didn't help, and Alfie was unlucky that volley near the end didn't go into the top corner. Said to a pal I would have sacrificed my firstborn to have seen Alfie nutmegging that classless rat Brown and unleashing a screamer in the dying seconds. 

One of the inevitable bumps in the  road to 56. Learn from it, move on. 

I'm still ragin' and at a loss from last night.  Shambolic performance and shit tactics which meant we had zero spark, intensity or desire to dominate them (which we should be doing every day of the week against that mob).

Our front 3/4 players being unable to hold up, keep and be productive with the ball is way too often a recurring theme in the tougher away fixtures.  On top of that, our midfield totally lacks leadership or proper presence when the likes of Davis, Arfield or Jack aren't there.

Players need to get their fucking fingers out and Gio needs to not repeat such tactics again.  Wishful thinking but I'd love to think he'd be asked in this week's pc why it was so negative.