*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s when you do complain, from a position of strength so to speak.

Not after an insipid display like Tuesday when although the ref was dugmeat, we then look like we are making excuses.

Tbh, it sums up our full approach to PR.

We aren't clever enough when it comes to the PR game. For whatever reason we don't bother trying to shape public opinion, but rather try to sort things behind the scenes. 

That may be more dignified etc, but it puts us on the backfoot. Same as when we don't complain from a position of strength. 

We are so weak on the PR front.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s when you do complain, from a position of strength so to speak.

Not after an insipid display like Tuesday when although the ref was dugmeat, we then look like we are making excuses.

Tbh, it sums up our full approach to PR.

I'm not sure we are making this as an excuse for dropping points as our own performance was the real reason we dropped points.....for far too long now clancy has been involved in far too many contentious decisions against us.....have you seen that 2 minute video on twitter showing that bastard brown on about 4 or 5 occasions deliberately body checking Rangers players whilst throwing himself to the ground like he was in Platoon everytime a Rangers player went near him, how you can watch that and not realise that brown could have been booked on honestly about 6 occasions but Kent gets two yellow cards for fuck all.....clearly something is amiss when a referee can't see what is in front of him, certainly something so blatant as the stuff in that video.....their were plenty more incidents that were also baffling....agreed we should have called the cunt out years ago but should we honestly except what happened the other night because we so happened to drop points ?

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm not sure we are making this as an excuse for dropping points as our own performance was the real reason we dropped points.....for far too long now clancy has been involved in far too many contentious decisions against us.....have you seen that 2 minute video on twitter showing that bastard brown on about 4 or 5 occasions deliberately body checking Rangers players whilst throwing himself to the ground like he was in Platoon everytime a Rangers player went near him, how you can watch that and not realise that brown could have been booked on honestly about 6 occasions but Kent gets two yellow cards for fuck all.....clearly something is amiss when a referee can't see what is in front of him, certainly something so blatant as the stuff in that video.....their were plenty more incidents that were also baffling....agreed we should have called the cunt out years ago but should we honestly except what happened the other night because we so happened to drop points ?

We may not be but that, to most people, is what it looks like.

The clever thing would be to complain when winning and then it doesn’t look like it’s sour grapes.

Our fans and on Tuesday fall into the Scott Brown trap far to often . Again, if we win on Tuesday nobody gives a fuck about him blocking runs, playing for fouls etc.

That video going about is pathetic in all honesty.

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The body check on Kent in the box was called obstruction by Kent by Walker🤣

See everyone jumping in on us raising the questions about Clancy. Even The Terrace tv show saying Aberdeen were denied a clear penalty and fair play for highlighting it.

Call me crazy but if you have to take a replay and watch it 8 or 9 times from different angles to determine if there was contact or not....probably not a clear penalty.

Charlie Nicholas savages Rangers over 'total joke' referee complaint as he warns of bigger problem
The Celtic hero insists his old side and Rangers get more referee complaints than anyone else and shouldn't complain

Charlie Nicholas insists Rangers should be more worried about their players falling for Scott Brown's tricks as he hit out at their complaints to the SFA.

The former Aberdeen striker insists the Old Firm have a cheek to complain about any refereeing calls when they get more decisions than any other club in the country.

And he was baffled by the Ibrox club's decision to write a letter to the governing body over Kevin Clancy's performance and reckons they should be concerned about their own players instead.

He believes Rangers got the biggest decision of the night when Clancy decided not to award a penalty following an incident between Allan McGregor and Ryan Hedges in the first half.

Rangers went up the pitch and opened the scoring through Ianis Hagi just seconds later and while Nicholas admits Clancy had a poor game, he feels it was ridiculous from Giovanni van Bronckhorst's men to lodge an official complaint.

Ryan Kent was harshly sent off for a tackle on former Celtic foe Brown but the Dons captain had spent most of the night winding up his opponents and was arguably the best player on the pitch

Kevin Clancy out as Rangers complaint ref is left off of Scottish Premiership officials list for midweek matches
And Nicholas feels that should be top of Van Bronckhorst's concerns ahead of the second half of the season.

In his Daily Express column, he said: "The Old Firm get more refereeing breaks than any other clubs in the country.

"Having played for Celtic and Aberdeen, I have seen it from both sides.

"But when decisions don't go your way, you need to be man enough and humble enough to accept them - even if you know they weren't right.

"That's why I was so alarmed last week that Rangers submitted a complaint letter to the SFA questioning decisions made by referee Kevin Clancy during their 1-1 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

"If I was the Rangers manager, I would be more focused on my own players and asking why they got caught up in things, with Dons captain Scott Brown especially.

"Why did they take the bait and get involved in it?

"If I was looking to ask questions about why the defending champions dropped two points then my first stop would be to the Rangers dressing room.

"Yes, Clancy had a poor game and got a lot of decisions wrong but it certainly wasn't one-sided.

"Aberdeen should have been awarded a penalty when Ryan Hedges was caught by the leg of on-rushing Allan McGregor after the Aberdeen forward had knocked the ball past the Gers keeper when through on goal.

"There are plenty of times when Rangers get the benefit of the doubt but you never see them coming out to acknowledge such instances. Yet, they don't hesitate to make their grievances public when they think they've been the victims of an injustice.

Aberdeen vs Rangers ref got 3 massive decisions wrong including Ryan Kent's red card and Hedges pen, claims Celtic icon
"It is an absolute joke. My first reaction to Rangers contacting the SFA was that this is a club trying to exert their authority by throwing their weight around when things don't go their way.

"It certainly doesn't look like Van Bronckhorst was behind the complaint letter.

"I suspect the Dutchman brushed off most of the flashpoints as schoolboy stupidity. Seeing the Rangers players getting caught up with Scott Brown's antics was just nonsense.

"I know it shouldn't have been a second yellow card for Ryan Kent but sometimes these decisions go for you and other times they don't.You just have to accept them.

"Everybody and every club gets bad decisions. The referee was poor for both sides on the night and Rangers have absolutely no case on this one.

"Their own players got hooked in by Brown and ended up failing miserably on the park.That's all there is to report."