Squad depth

KeyserSoze

Ironically we are missing 1 or 2 scottish born bluenoses in our team when we go to the sheepden and tynecastle especially.

Ironically mccrorie would do that 1 job in cdm, fight, tackle, win 50/50s and first to everyball....

Win and pass sideways like sands, lundstrum and kamara tonight

Id rather have mccrorie in there tonight fighting like fuck than the 3 who were there.

If Ryan jack ever got fit again after another 5 seasons out it might help... 

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Ironically we are missing 1 or 2 scottish born bluenoses in our team when we go to the sheepden and tynecastle especially.

Ironically mccrorie would do that 1 job in cdm, fight, tackle, win 50/50s and first to everyball....

Win and pass sideways like sands, lundstrum and kamara tonight

Id rather have mccrorie in there tonight fighting like fuck than the 3 who were there.

If Ryan jack ever got fit again after another 5 seasons out it might help... 

Was nowhere near good enough for us.

We do need to replace Jack and Davis though.

7 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Was nowhere near good enough for us.

We do need to replace Jack and Davis though.

Id rather have had him in our team tonight, bullying our full team back up the pitch, smashing into challanges.

We really lack a hard bastard, maybe a foreigner thing, but that sitting iff carryon and not pressing really got me tonight.

The sheep shite and there 11 players outfought us all over the park.

Not skill, just sheer desire and aggression.

We were bullied.

We have squad depth. We were missing Helander, Jack, Davis, Arfield, Roofe , Aribo tonight.

We just don't seem to have a way of playing! Barisic didn't get forward once tonight. Tav once or twice!

These 2 were and are a massive part of everything n they are wasted standing on the half way line when we have 2 cdm playing aswell

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

We have squad depth. We were missing Helander, Jack, Davis, Arfield, Roofe , Aribo tonight.

We just don't seem to have a way of playing! Barisic didn't get forward once tonight. Tav once or twice!

These 2 were and are a massive part of everything n they are wasted standing on the half way line when we have 2 cdm playing aswell

Soon as Lundstram went on that should have been the second Tav and Barisic were bombing up the park.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Soon as Lundstram went on that should have been the second Tav and Barisic were bombing up the park.

We attack with 4 players now! 1 of which will have the ball. Morelos isolated in middle, used to attack with 6 sometimes 7 players.

When posters say we have depth-they’re right in respect we have a lot of 6 out of 10s. Lundstrum, Arfield, Davis, Sands, Bakuna, Wright, Itten, etc and a few 7s in Hagi and Sakala

Other than Kent we had nobody on the park tonight who looked capable of creating anything from open play.

Missing Aribo is unquestionably massive. Kent, Morelos, Aribo front 3 is dangerous and exciting.

But too many kidding themselves on that we have the most “quality” depth in the league. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

When posters say we have depth-they’re right in respect we have a lot of 6 out of 10s. Lundstrum, Arfield, Davis, Sands, Bakuna, Wright, Itten, etc and a few 7s in Hagi and Sakala

Other than Kent we had nobody on the park tonight who looked capable of creating anything from open play.

Missing Aribo is unquestionably massive. Kent, Morelos, Aribo front 3 is dangerous and exciting.

But too many kidding themselves on that we have the most “quality” depth in the league. 

Who has more quality in their depth than us? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Yeh I feel like Gio has handicapped Tav and Barisic a bit too much. Once Aberdeen drew level, we had no out. If Tav had been bombing forward on the overlap. I doubt Aberdeen would have been as gung ho. It would have completely changed their game plan.

A bit naive from the manager. We definitely lost the tactical battle

Tonight is sore one as yet again Aberdeen have found a level they struggle to reach most of the season. We also seemed to have no real midfield attacking ideas without Aribo. Our options tonight showed that other than players finding little pockets of form here and their over the course of the season. We struggle for any real consistent quality. Right now Aribo is the main man and we missed him tonight.

Sands and Souter aren't going to give any real depth to the squad as they are no better than what's already there. You can't build and then strengthen a league winning squad on free transfers and loans, at some point you have to start buying quality. If you don't, you stand still and eventually get overtaken. 

I would say Aribo, Kent and Morelos are best in the league and pip Kyogo, Jota, Maeda. 

But Rogic, Hatate, Forrest, Turnbull, Abada is probably stronger now than Arfield, Hagi, Sakala, Wright, Davis, Roofe

I think Rogic and Turnbull combined have about 3 times the goal contributions of the 6 above combined.

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Who has more quality in their depth than us? :lol: 

I would say Aribo, Kent and Morelos are best in the league and pip Kyogo, Jota, Maeda. 

But Rogic, Hatate, Forrest, Turnbull, Abada is probably stronger now than Arfield, Hagi, Sakala, Wright, Davis, Roofe

I think Rogic and Turnbull combined have about 3 times the goal contributions of the 6 above combined. 

We look a totally different team when we take Aribo or Kent out. Whilst I think the drop off for them losing one of their attackers is less. Just my opinion 

12 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

You think Hagi and Sakala are better than Davis and Arfield? :lol:

Are you fucking high 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Are you fucking high 

I think they’re all about the same. Prime Davis obviously a much better player. I don’t think there’s much to chose between the others. Arfield runs a lot but he’s a pretty average football player. 

My point is that if we lose Aribo or Kent the drop in our attacking threat is massive. And we haven’t replaced that. (Not helped by keeping guys like Davis). I would have preferred to see us take a gamble. celtic have taken a few of these Japanese players in the team of the season for peanuts. And they look pretty handy.

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You can tell from one game against a shite depleted Hibs side that the Japanese players look pretty handy? 

Davis is still the most composed player on the park in most games for us when he plays. You’re talking shite 

I think it’s the kind of punt we should be making. Guys who’ve made the team of the season in Japan. And going by Kyogo it’s probably a reasonable bet for their cost.

celtic shipped Brown on to Aberdeen. We’ve kept hold of our 37 year old. He’s a tidy player Davis. And tonight one of the nights he would have been useful for us to get into the game. Other games he’s quite ineffective. Part of the problem at the start of the season was we had 3/4 guys in attacking positions contributing no goals or assist. I don’t think Davis, Arfield, Lundstrum etc are the guys going to take us to the next level. I’d have preferred us to pursued a less bloated squad but gone after more quality in different markets.

Between the 55 combined appearances of Davis, Arfield, Hagi, Lundstrum this season. They have 6 goal involvements.

You think that’s decent?

Rogic and Turnbull have 18.

let that sink in.

Hence when we lose a guy like Aribo. We don’t have any star quality, creative guys to replace him. We have a bunch of 6/10s. And haven’t really made any efforts/gambles to try and improve on that.

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You can tell from one game against a shite depleted Hibs side that the Japanese players look pretty handy? 

Davis is still the most composed player on the park in most games for us when he plays. You’re talking shite 

Davis has looked miles off it this year, shame after being the most important player last year

40 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Are you fucking high 

How much are Hagi & Sakala worth compared to Arfield & Davis? Stop talking past tense. Hagi & Sakala have way more upside.

And how can you argue with a poster about the Japanese players' performance yesterday when you don't watch celtic games?