Squad depth

KeyserSoze

42 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I would say Aribo, Kent and Morelos are best in the league and pip Kyogo, Jota, Maeda. 

But Rogic, Hatate, Forrest, Turnbull, Abada is probably stronger now than Arfield, Hagi, Sakala, Wright, Davis, Roofe

I think Rogic and Turnbull combined have about 3 times the goal contributions of the 6 above combined.

No they haven't. Not in the league anyway. Also we've scored the exact same amount of goals as them. So the two players you mentioned have contributed 18 goals in the league for them where as our 6 have contributed 19 goals. I'd rather have 6 contributing than 2.

Forrest is clearly fucked since his injury and not the same player. In fact Scott Wright has contributed more goals in the league than he has. As for the two Japs it's two unproven quantites where as Arfield, Hagi, Davis and Roofe are proven.

Nice of you to miss out Tavernier as well!

49 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I would say Aribo, Kent and Morelos are best in the league and pip Kyogo, Jota, Maeda. 

But Rogic, Hatate, Forrest, Turnbull, Abada is probably stronger now than Arfield, Hagi, Sakala, Wright, Davis, Roofe

I think Rogic and Turnbull combined have about 3 times the goal contributions of the 6 above combined. 

We look a totally different team when we take Aribo or Kent out. Whilst I think the drop off for them losing one of their attackers is less. Just my opinion 

Hatate has played 1 game

Forrest is their version of Jack, constantly injured 

Turnbull can't last a full 90 against any decent team

Abada is so wank. He can run really fast and that's it.

Rogic is literally the only player in their team who gets in ours and even then, that's only when Joe Aribo is unavailable. 

Cunts are smoking crack constantly comparing them to us when we've not been at the races for 70% of this season so far and we're 4 points ahead

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Hatate has played 1 game

Forrest is their version of Jack, constantly injured 

Turnbull can't last a full 90 against any decent team

Abada is so wank. He can run really fast and that's it.

So had Maeda and he was mentioned in the same breath as Aribo, Kent & Morelos with completely no mention of Tav:lol:

2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

So had Maeda and he was mentioned in the same breath as Aribo, Kent & Morelos with completely no mention of Tav:lol:

I'm honestly putting this down to the mentality from our fans over the past 10 years - we were constantly chasing them and comparing ourselves to them, trying to reduce the "gap" but right now we have the better starting lineup and the better bench

They play such an aggressive, attacking style of football that works against most diddy teams in Scotland but they got found out in Europe and they will get found out against us on the 2nd of Feb

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We didn't have strikers who could score against the might of Bates and McCrorie.

Wasn't really anything to do with the quality of our strikers tonight. Could have had lewandowski in there tonight but if you don't control the game and have the ball and supply the strikers then you're into plumbs.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I'm honestly putting this down to the mentality from our fans over the past 10 years - we were constantly chasing them and comparing ourselves to them, trying to reduce the "gap" but right now we have the better starting lineup and the better bench

They play such an aggressive, attacking style of football that works against most diddy teams in Scotland but they got found out in Europe and they will get found out against us on the 2nd of Feb

They'll get found out in a couple of months when all the hamstrings start popping again too.

They have brought in four Japanese players who have all played around 50+ games so far. Come late Feb - Mar, I think you will see the difference in squad depth between both. We are definitely stronger. Tonight was a blip so reactions are expected. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Wasn't really anything to do with the quality of our strikers tonight. Could have had lewandowski in there tonight but if you don't control the game and have the ball and supply the strikers then you're into plumbs.

Nonsense you make good runs you get the ball played to you look at Hagi run for the goal, Kent played another ball right across the box as well with no takers was right between the goalie and defenders was a tap in for someone.

I still think our strikers are not of the quality we need now.

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I’m Tav’s biggest fan. Our wing backs are light years ahead of theirs. And as I said above, disappointing Gio clipped their wings so much tonight.

My point was purely that the drop off from Kent and Aribo is so large. And that we don’t have much creative, quality players after them. 

Whilst if celtic lose one of their attackers. They’re in less trouble.

That’s my point. As I’ve said before. Our starting XI is the best in the league. But as evidenced tonight. If we lose Aribo we lose a lot of our attacking threat. More so than celtic do.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

I’m Tav’s biggest fan. Our wing backs are light years ahead of theirs. And as I said above, disappointing Gio clipped their wings so much tonight.

My point was purely that the drop off from Kent and Aribo is so large. And that we don’t have much creative, quality players after them. 

That’s my point. As I’ve said before. Our starting XI is the best in the league. But as evidenced tonight. If we lose Aribo we lose a lot of our attacking threat. More so than celtic do.

When their hammies were popping one after the other they had to play St Mirren with Abada up front, Mikey Johnston on the left and Moffat on the right

Please, settle down man

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

They have brought in four Japanese players who have all played around 50+ games so far. Come late Feb - Mar, I think you will see the difference in squad depth between both. We are definitely stronger. Tonight was a blip so reactions are expected. 

But we saw tonight just how vulnerable we are if we lose Aribo (or Kent). Fine we have 8 guys of similar quality to Hagi. But we have 2-3 players we just cannot afford to get injured. They don’t have that issue. Agreed your point about the hamstrings. We would have beaten them if the game hadn’t been postponed. League would have been over. Instead they’ve been allowed to get everyone back fit and make 4 new signings 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

But we saw tonight just how vulnerable we are if we lose Aribo (or Kent). Fine we have 8 guys of similar quality to Hagi. But we have 2-3 players we just cannot afford to get injured. They don’t have that issue. Agreed your point about the hamstrings. We would have beaten them if the game hadn’t been postponed 

We lose our 3 best players we fall to their first team level I'd agree, you take out their 3 top players and they've got nothing.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Don't understand about the wings clipped thing. Tav was up in their box and on the left at times, and Borna got done twice at their byline. 

Gio isn't clipping their wings, his system seems to be to let them get up and supply forwards instead of them having to come back, sometimes play with their backs to the goal and look for the ball.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

But we saw tonight just how vulnerable we are if we lose Aribo (or Kent). Fine we have 8 guys of similar quality to Hagi. But we have 2-3 players we just cannot afford to get injured. They don’t have that issue. Agreed your point about the hamstrings. We would have beaten them if the game hadn’t been postponed 

Mate every team is vulnerable when they lose their 2 best players.

When we play in Scotland, we can't afford to have guys on the bench as good as Aribo + Kent. We have to make do with guys who can come in and do a job when they're out. Sadly I think Gio got it wrong tonight and didn't play to our strengths at all with the players we had available, plus his Lundstram substitution only brought more pressure on our defence. 

Had Sakala been on for Wright, or as I said in the match thread, on at the same time as Lundstram was brought on (for Hagi), we could have maintained some sort of a counter attacking threat. 

Aberdeen had us pinned back. Allowing Tav to go roaming free could have ended badly. What we really needed was to stretch them and use Sakala's pace in behind.

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Fair enough.

I still think a back up 11 for us of McLaughlin, Jack/Sands, Balogun, Simpson, Bassey, Davis, Lundstram, Bacuna, Wright, Roofe, Sakala beats a team of Bain, Scales, Welsh, Bitton, Taylor, Soro/Mccarthy, Hatate, Ideguchi, Forrest, Maeda & Johnston.

Itten has contributed more for us than Ajeti has them and for less money and the same goes for the greek they have up top.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

Nonsense you make good runs you get the ball played to you look at Hagi run for the goal, Kent played another ball right across the box as well with no takers was right between the goalie and defenders was a tap in for someone.

I still think our strikers are not of the quality we need now.

Mate they had 60% possession..Where are you wanting the balls played to the strikers from? We were overrun in midfield and we're poor with the ball. The strikers were the last thing wrong with tonight. As for them being the quality we need, Morelos is our European record goal scorer fs. He's good enough to score against David Bates and Ross McCrorie.

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate they had 60% possession..Where are you wanting the balls played to the strikers from? We were overrun in midfield and we're poor with the ball. The strikers were the last thing wrong with tonight. As for them being the quality we need, Morelos is our European record goal scorer fs. He's good enough to score against David Bates and Ross McCrorie.

Kent got balls in the box, thankfully Hagi was switched on as Wright and Morelos could have gone all night and not scored against Bates and McCrorie.

Morelos record in europe is inflated due to the amount of qualifying games we now have to play, But I actually think he performs well in europe but doesn't score enough domestically, Morelos was better than Wright.

Wright should be immediately replaced by Sakala.