Squad depth

KeyserSoze

On 19/01/2022 at 20:27, DBBTB said:

As soon as we drop points people start with the “we need a right hard bastard” patter. It’s a total cliche these days.

Frustrating though when you see shite like Brown strutting about like a cunt and we have nobody who’ll fucking put the boot in - we have nobody with a real presence about them.

Think it was Aribo who had a 60/40 against Brown in an a game a while back - he could have taken the ball and went right through the cunt at the same time but stood off. 

Sticks in my mind that one - thousands would have loved to have been in that position 

4 hours ago, Swagger said:

Frustrating though when you see shite like Brown strutting about like a cunt and we have nobody who’ll fucking put the boot in - we have nobody with a real presence about them.

Think it was Aribo who had a 60/40 against Brown in an a game a while back - he could have taken the ball and went right through the cunt at the same time but stood off. 

Sticks in my mind that one - thousands would have loved to have been in that position 

Aribo has grew a set fron his first 2 seasons imo.

Still not the player who would go into 50/50s

Infact we havent many battlers like that, arfield ir jack, thats god honest truth...miybe lundstrum.

Big bassey.

Thats it full stop.

We realky are weak minded physically as shown the other night in an unnaceptrable performance.

Sheep showed technical comes second, fight n desire come first.

On 19/01/2022 at 21:38, DBBTB said:

You’ve sort of proven my point for me here.

The only team in Scottish football dragging it forward in any sort of form, especially on the European stage, is us and that’s because we aren’t a team who fill our team with limited grafters who have to resort to caveman hatchet job tactics because they are being outplayed.

Why do you think teams like Aberdeen get scudded out of Europe before the schools are back every season? 

I don’t think we want a team of cloggers, but you need to win ‘the battle’ to allow you to play. 

That’s not going into leather Scott Brown, it’s pressing, not giving them time on the ball, standing up to your 50/50s and then using your technical ability to make him looks like someone’s Da who’s making the numbers up at 5s.

We did it all last season, and have done for most of this. We were dreadful on Tuesday and did none of that. 

On 19/01/2022 at 20:27, DBBTB said:

As soon as we drop points people start with the “we need a right hard bastard” patter. It’s a total cliche these days.

It’s such a stupid idea as well. People saying that just need to take one look at the ref performance the other night and think what would happen to any ‘hard bastards’ we signed. 

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Infact we havent many battlers like that, arfield ir jack, thats god honest truth...miybe lundstrum.

Big bassey.

Thats it full stop.

We realky are weak minded physically as shown the other night in an unnaceptrable performance.

They were technically superior as well: they actually passed to their own players most of the time. Our consistent loss of possession was a scandal; it looked at times as if some of our players had not seen a ball before.

14 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

They were technically superior as well: they actually passed to their own players most of the time. Our consistent loss of possession was a scandal; it looked at times as if some of our players had not seen a ball before.

Yes, few them were not up gor the fight or getting hurt...

Once only for me Gio must address

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Big bassey.

Thats it full stop.

Aye I wasn’t having a go at Aribo, who’s developed into some player, it’s just that that one sticks in my mind.

If a team can drag us into a scrap we crumble 

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Big bassey.

Thats it full stop.

Where are the sheep in the league?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly. 

I don't completely disagree that we could be doing with someone with a bit of dig in the middle of the park but as said earlier you don't lose once in 60 odd games with countless trips to the piggery, Aberdeen and Edinburgh thrown in there if you are soft

Last night was a good example of our players, who should be fighting like fuck for a regular starting place, being 

A: unable to

B: couldn’t be arsed to, geez my wages anyway

At least the gaffer now knows Itten, Bacuna, Barker, Lundstram and Simpson are shite and if you want anything out of Sakala he needs coached to a standard where he is through the middle not playing off the touch line 

squad depth is poor and that is a worry 

17 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Yes, few them were not up gor the fight or getting hurt...

Once only for me Gio must address

When Tav lost the ball high up the park he started chasing then checked his run, passing responsibility onto teammates for his fuck up. Not what I want to see from a Rangers Captain.

Call ups and injuries could fuck us. There’s not enough real quality as back up - just need to somehow get through these next few weeks still top. It’s not looking like there’s much coming in - would rather nobody than more Bacunas and the like 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2022 at 23:43, .Williamson. said:

You can tell from one game against a shite depleted Hibs side that the Japanese players look pretty handy? 

Davis is still the most composed player on the park in most games for us when he plays. You’re talking shite 

I wish I was