*****Official Rangers vs Stirling Albion - Scottish Cup 4th round match thread*****

.Williamson.

Alex lowry and king to start for me.

Rather look at them now because gerrard never had the balls too.

Rather blood them now before balogun, before lundstrum, 

Bacuna signing fucking makes me dazzle, why do we constantky flood the squad with averahe players???

Rather have 1 classy player instead of the wages of bacuna, lundstrum put together.

Need to start bring the acdemy through, we get them to 18/19 and dont give them a niff n loan them out too league 2 in england n scottish championship pish till there 21/22 then release.

Needs to change

This league title is the biggest of our lifetime.

The summer could see half the squad gone.

3 hours ago, RoboBear said:

If we win the cup and lose the league would you be happy?

Yes we want to win both and could win both, but for the last two days fans have been questioning squad size and demands on players.

If we took a risk and tried some youth players and rested/protected senior players, that to me is a risk worth taking. Even if it means we go out. 

If we discover a couple of players who can contribute to our league campaign, that could be a better pay off than getting to the next round of the cup.

If we were to go out to Strirling Albion we'd have egg on our face, but £30m can wipe off a lot of egg.

The league is the single most important thing this season and will shape the seasons to come financially. I’d go out of every other competition right now if it meant winning the league. 
We win it we have money to strengthen what will be a big turnover of players - they win it and they could go on another run of titles - we simply won’t have the cash to overhaul the squad if we don’t get champions league 

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Alex lowry and king to start for me.

Rather look at them now because gerrard never had the balls too.

Rather blood them now before balogun, before lundstrum, 

Bacuna signing fucking makes me dazzle, why do we constantky flood the squad with averahe players???

Rather have 1 classy player instead of the wages of bacuna, lundstrum put together.

Need to start bring the acdemy through, we get them to 18/19 and dont give them a niff n loan them out too league 2 in england n scottish championship pish till there 21/22 then release.

Needs to change

This league title is the biggest of our lifetime.

The summer could see half the squad gone.

Your last two sentences are spot on - last season was superb but this is bigger, much bigger in the long run.

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

The league is the single most important thing this season and will shape the seasons to come financially. I’d go out of every other competition right now if it meant winning the league. 
We win it we have money to strengthen what will be a big turnover of players - they win it and they could go on another run of titles - we simply won’t have the cash to overhaul the squad if we don’t get champions league 

Obviously, but do you think losing to Stirling Albion helps or hinders us in winning the league?

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

This whole "I'd go out of every other competition right now" chat is so baffling when it comes to domestic competitions. Our wage budget is huge and we carry a squad that should be capable of competing across multiple competitions

We're also playing an absolute diddy team in Stirling Albion tomorrow ffs. Our B team should be comfortably taking care of them.

Get the ban hammer out.

Every cup thread, we get the usual stuff about not giving a fuck about cups. Our squad is strong enough to compete in every competition.

It mattered to Gerrard despite his failings and it matters to GVB.

I have great memories of being Scottish Cup champions. It matters and it has been too long.

Get the best first eleven played ffs, that effort the other night was shocking, if they're putting it down to being rusty then get them back out there, this carry on about giving players game time when it's clear the first team need exactly that 🤦

42 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

This whole "I'd go out of every other competition right now" chat is so baffling when it comes to domestic competitions. Our wage budget is huge and we carry a squad that should be capable of competing across multiple competitions

We're also playing an absolute diddy team in Stirling Albion tomorrow ffs. Our B team should be comfortably taking care of them.

Agree with this. All cups matter...or at least they used to back in the day, but agree re B team should be taking this on whilst letting the first team take care of the hardier teams. 

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Don’t care about cups?  Would people rather the hen harriers won the Scottish? Mon tae fuck!

Exactly. We can't continue to give them a free shot at the cup competitions. We should be competing to win every competition.

7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I’ve always wondered what the difference is between Stirling Albion and East Stirlingshire 

Stirling Albion play in Stirling, East Stirlingshire play in Falkirk (except for one season in the 60s when they merged with Clydebank and played there for some bizarre reason)