Written complaint to SFA about Clancy

middli

Rangers have held talks with the Scottish FA after the club complained about referee Kevin Clancy's handling of Tuesday's draw at Aberdeen.

Ibrox winger Ryan Kent was sent off for two yellow cards as the Scottish Premiership match ended 1-1.

Rangers wrote to the SFA with eight points of concern, including allegations of inconsistencies.

An incident between Rangers left-back Borna Barisic and Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes was also highlighted.

It appeared an elbow was used but no action was taken against Hayes.

Reigning champions Rangers, whose Premiership lead has been cut to four points by celtic, have also asked the SFA for details on how refereeing performance is assessed on an ongoing basis.

During the talks, the Ibrox club made it clear that the introduction of video assisted refereeing (VAR) should be looked at as a priority.

Aberdeen manager Stephen Glass was also upset by referee Clancy after not awarding a penalty to the Dons in the run-up to Rangers' opener.

Glass felt goalkeeper Allan McGregor should have been penalised for a coming together with Ryan Hedges moments before Ianis Hagi scored. A penalty was awarded against Alfredo Morelos, from which Lewis Ferguson equalised.

The SFA has been approached for comment.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

I don’t mind Collumn tbh, Clancy and Beaton are far and away the worst in the league, Beaton is a shitebag terrified to give a decision to us or against the tarriers and Clancy is a cheat plain and simple 

I don't think Collum is bias, I think he is incompetent. Sometimes swallows his whistle, sometimes whips cards out for nothing.

Clancy is a really weak referee. I don’t like Collum but at least he tells players where to go when they’re being overbearing. 

Clancys that bloke that tries to be pals with everyone and gets the pish ripped out of them, every time he walks away. 

Just now, The true baller said:

I don't think Collum is bias, I think he is incompetent. Sometimes swallows his whistle, sometimes whips cards out for nothing.

Doesn’t give me the fear reffing our games the same way Beaton or Clancy do, that standard across the board is dreadful though tbh. 

Neither of Kent's yellows were justified and it lead to one of the weakest sending off's you're likely to see. Cunt couldn't wait to dish out either of them.

Think the performance merits a complaint, but nothing will come of it.

Admittedly if we hadn't raised these issue certainly nothing would be done, currently of the impression that very little if anything  will be done given the SFA's record on a number of crucial areas for the development of the game in Scotland.

Not fit for purpose seems to ring a bell, or to be more accurate rings enough bells to keep a campanoligist happy for many a year.

22 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

he booked hagi early on for kicking the ball away which is fair enough if you then book every single player for the rest of the game who does it 

Hagi was booked for blocking a free kick from 2 yards away 

21 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It might well be celtic behavior but look where it has got them 

Clancy lost control of that game the other night before you even take some of the bizzare decisions into question

he booked hagi early on for kicking the ball away which is fair enough if you then book every single player for the rest of the game who does it . He didn’t but from that point on I knew we were in for a frustrating night from the clown 

Yep, and Kent got his first booking for pushing Hayes away when he was getting in his face but in the first instance Clancy had went over and delayed speaking to Hayes which is what left him to continue pushing into Kent, but secondly, whilst I think booking someone for a daft push away is soft, if you're going to do it why have you not booked other players for doing the same or the multiple two hand pushes before and after that incident. 

9 minutes ago, OhW said:

Hagi was booked for blocking a free kick from 2 yards away 

You are probably right . Haven’t watched the game back and don’t intend to. I just remember being frustrated with hagi at the time for being so stupid aswell as noticing how excited Clancy was to get the card dished out .  

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

VAR will also show up these incompetent bastards for what they are mate.  

Yes I think when it is being shown on TV what is being assessed then the VAR Ref cannot brush it away how it can be done at the moment. Without VAR a Ref can just ignore incidents but if it is brought in then surely it would make the Ref less likely to not check incidents out.

I will admit that some decisions will go against us but hopefully it would help to make a more level playing field.