Bring him home

hammer93

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

He’s fucked with injury so not much chance of that 

Is he though, that's what I'm sceptical of. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a 'miraculous' recovery the week of the game. Is there still that ban on players playing for the club if they withdraw from an international squad? 

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Is he though, that's what I'm sceptical of. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a 'miraculous' recovery the week of the game. Is there still that ban on players playing for the club if they withdraw from an international squad? 

I’m sure he’s hardly had a break for about a year, he went off with hamstring problems a couple of months back then they’ve rushed him back and he’s properly fucked. Would put money on him not being fit for the 2nd

3 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

It’s going ahead on the 2nd, there is nothing that can be tried now, all call ups have been announced, just need to concentrate on the up coming games and also try keep the squad as injury free as possible.

I mean, it HAS to go ahead on the 2nd after what Doncaster claimed.

It won’t stop the media campaign though. 

9 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

I mean, it HAS to go ahead on the 2nd after what Doncaster claimed.

It won’t stop the media campaign though. 

They can campaign all they want now.

You need 3 players called up to ask for postponement. They only have 2.

Interesting to see what excuse they cook up. 

Brilliant but in the space of one weekend their early break plan has started backfiring.

31 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I’m sure he’s hardly had a break for about a year, he went off with hamstring problems a couple of months back then they’ve rushed him back and he’s properly fucked. Would put money on him not being fit for the 2nd

Here's hoping he doesn't see the start of next season.

40 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Almost positive we were the last club on the recieving end of an international call off,and a 5 day ban on playing for your club.
Almost positive it was  the big Irish centre who the IFA stopped.

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They can campaign all they want now.

You need 3 players called up to ask for postponement. They only have 2.

Interesting to see what excuse they cook up. 

Brilliant but in the space of one weekend their early break plan has started backfiring.

The fact they got the game postponed to avoid having to play against Aribo is making me erect given tonight’s events.

The midfield they’re likely to play against us is laughable. 

scum have ducked and dived as much as they can. They know that defeat in this fixture equals the end of their title challenge.

Getting it moved from New Year's was a miscalculation on their part and its source was desperation.

OK we are missing Alfredo but we have enough goals in the rest of the team to treat this like a routine, run of the mill, away fixture.

10 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

scum have ducked and dived as much as they can. They know that defeat in this fixture equals the end of their title challenge.

Getting it moved from New Year's was a miscalculation on their part and its source was desperation.

OK we are missing Alfredo but we have enough goals in the rest of the team to treat this like a routine, run of the mill, away fixture.

Missing Morelos, but we can replace him with Itten, Sakala or Roofe.

THAT is squad depth. 

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think he will make a 'miraculous' recovery tbh.  Their whole game plan rests on getting him fit in time for the game against us.  It's all smoke and mirrors I reckon.  Also, because he was never called up in the first place, the domestic ban on international withdrawals won't come into play.

32 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I think he will make a 'miraculous' recovery tbh.  Their whole game plan rests on getting him fit in time for the game against us.  It's all smoke and mirrors I reckon.  Also, because he was never called up in the first place, the domestic ban on international withdrawals won't come into play.

He is not making a recovery. if anything, they are downplaying the extent of it.