*****Official Rangers v Livingston match thread*****

CR3

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Calm down. Remember your New Years resolution was to receive likes from me and this is not the way to get them 

Then stop slagging posters. Btw, you got 3/11 right on your team selection against Stirling. Maybe you don't have a clue?

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic

Kamara 

Lowry Lundstram 

Wright                        Sakala 

Morelos 

Roofe Aribo and Arfield from the bench if required 

Think Morelos is already off, there was pictures of him training with Columbia today on twitter.

35 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yup. "Ma Baw" Tav is overrated. And before you quote me his point totals, he has had no assists since November.

Having an opinion on whether someone is good or bad fair enough, but to confirm that you hate Tav is bizarre.

Who needs enemies.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Sands Lundstram Kamara

Wright Roofe Kent

Not the team I would actually want because that midfield annoys me to look at but probably that 

3 defensive mids at home to Livingston, is that you Stevie 

1 minute ago, ayro said:

Having an opinion on whether someone is good or bad fair enough, but to confirm that you hate Tav is bizarre.

Who needs enemies.

I don't hate him and I've complimented him plenty in the past. I'm pissed with him for thinking he should still be on penalties after missing NINE!

McGregor 

Kamara Lundstram Bacuna

Wright Roofe Sakala

Whilst he got two assists, thought Bacuna was poor but not sure Lowry would be ready for a start and we need some creativity from midfield.

Can see this being a slog, any win will do.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s what I’m saying, it annoys me to look at, but unfortunately that’s how I see it going. Unless Gio surprises us and sticks with youth in a league game 

Our options in centre mid are horrendous just now, really need Arfield and Aribo back in there, mental that a world class central midfielder in Gerrard allowed our midfield to get into such a state. 

4 minutes ago, ayro said:

McGregor 

Kamara Lundstram Bacuna

Wright Roofe Sakala

Whilst he got two assists, thought Bacuna was poor but not sure Lowry would be ready for a start and we need some creativity from midfield.

Can see this being a slog, any win will do.

Allowing our injuries persist I can see this as a fair call

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't hate him and I've complimented him plenty in the past. I'm pissed with him for thinking he should still be on penalties after missing NINE!

The previous OP said you hate Tav and you answered Yup, seems pretty clear.

The penalty taker will be decided by the management team, our current one is Roofe who was unavailable so should default to next best pen taker which is Tav.

The corners and fks will also be decided by the management team, sometimes it’s Tav or Borna, Hagi, Kent but they obviously think Tav is the most consistent so unsure how it’s his fault for being “ma baw Tav”

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Our options in centre mid are horrendous just now, really need Arfield and Aribo back in there, mental that a world class central midfielder in Gerrard allowed our midfield to get into such a state. 

One criticism of Gerrard for me is that he consistently misjudged the game up here and the requirements. 

39 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

8 clean sheets in the 10 games he's played in I think under Gio

We win and concede and he can't defend. We win and hardly concede and he isn't setting up enough goals.:craphead:

Should stop taking penalties right enough. 

12 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

One criticism of Gerrard for me is that he consistently misjudged the game up here and the requirements. 

Always thought he showed the dross in this league far too much respect hence why we now have a squad filled with safe defensive midfielders. 

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Get Balogun in beside Goldson.

Only time the Goldson /Bassey centreback pairing has  conceded since start of December was against Lyon and an unfortunate penalty against the mutton molesters.

You want to play a Balogun on his way back from injury and who can be prone to his own monumental mistakes  over Bassey.

Do tell

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Always thought he showed the dross in this league far too much respect hence why we now have a squad filled with safe defensive midfielders. 

It was his rigid system with the onus on the windbacks to create which limted the attacking threat from midfield as they were often covering full back positions. Teams sussed out the predictable style.