*****Official Rangers v Livingston match thread*****

CR3

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't hate him and I've complimented him plenty in the past. I'm pissed with him for thinking he should still be on penalties after missing NINE!

Forgetting the fact he has scored 33, 32 of which for us, giving him a penalty average of 80%?

As others have said, manager's select the penalty takers, he's the captain and has a strong record of scoring them. He's one of our top players and there is a reason we let our best prospect go for top dollar, because he can't shift Tav who barely misses a game and has been instrumental to the way we've played for years

BigDak likes this

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Only time the Goldson /Bassey centreback pairing has  conceded since start of December was against Lyon and an unfortunate penalty against the mutton molesters.

You want to play a Balogun on his way back from injury and who can be prone to his own monumental mistakes  over Bassey.

Do tell

It’s Livi at home, the ideal game to get Balogun starting again. You looking him starting county away before the old firm aye?

bluenoz and fourfourtwo like this

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Borna

Sands    Kamara

Bacuna

Sakala      Itten    Wright

Not a fan of Itten but really don't want to risk Roofe n be left with no striker for Old Firm.

Allow Tav n Borna to charge forward and we should have a comfortable night. Hopefully back to 6 or 7 clear by 10pm

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor

Sands    Kamara

Bacuna

Not a fan of Itten but really don't want to risk Roofe n be left with no striker for Old Firm.

Allow Tav n Borna to charge forward and we should have a comfortable night. Hopefully back to 6 or 7 clear by 10pm

Reported

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s Livi at home, the ideal game to get Balogun starting again. You looking him starting county away before the old firm aye?

Guess it will depend primarily on if there is any reaction injury wise to the hour he had in the cup game.

Livi will come and park the bus. That's a given.

Gio loves to keep the zero and is happy to concede possession and hit opps hard and fast when we win the ball back. Not sure that will be effective against Livi.

For sure this will not be a footballing spectacle. A modest 1-0 or 2-0 will do me fine. Just trouser the 3 points and move on.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Also Balogun clearly has limitations on how often he can play in a full week. Best to play him against Livi , Bassey against Ross County and then Balogun next Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor

Sands    Kamara

Bacuna

Roofe needs game time you can’t throw him in on the 2nd without minutes.

Should be starting if fit 

Brubear and teddybear1975 like this

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey, Kamara, Bacuna, Lowry, Wright, Roofe, Sakala.

With the way Livi are going to set why not just stick Lowry in? We need more bodies in the final third which Lundstram or Sands won't provide us. 

graeme_4 likes this

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor

Sands    Kamara

Bacuna

Bacuna.........ffs. 

26 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Roofe needs game time you can’t throw him in on the 2nd without minutes.

Should be starting if fit 

From previous injury comebacks Roofe has always struggled to get up to speed. He needs to start to get match sharpness.

Sands has played the majority of his career so far as a defender. He looked limited when he played in midfield in his first outing.

Also, a big thanks to Bassey for filling in admirably as a CH in an emergency situation but it is Balogun (Helander) all day long when fit. He had a nightmare against Aberdeen.

I wish people would select players in their proper/best positions.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Yup. "Ma Baw" Tav is overrated. And before you quote me his point totals, he has had no assists since November.

We've changed since then though.  He isn't going to get as many assists under Gio as he did before.  

TamCoopz likes this

13 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Don't think we anybody inless put Wright in there and Roofe out wide, and he isn't going to start Lowry

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Gio has history for blooding youngsters into the first team. 

Gerrard always talked a good game about it and ‘perform well and keep your jersey’, but never actually stuck to it.

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Gio has history for blooding youngsters into the first team. 

Gerrard always talked a good game about it and ‘perform well and keep your jersey’, but never actually stuck to it.

I would like to see him get a shot aswell, definitely has the confidence 

graeme_4 likes this