*****Official Rangers v Livingston match thread*****

CR3

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

What’s the point in the sands signing?

a guy that can pass 5 yards and that’s it, their 10 a penny

no other attributes at all

Clearly no, we’ve had plenty of players playing for Rangers since 2012 that couldn’t play a ball 5 yards.

A truely woeful performance tonight but given the players we had to choose from, a really good three points. Itten and Wright, I hope we have seen the last of, according to tonights showing. Lowry, I thought had a good game but not very influential. Can't expect too much at this stage in his career but one for the future certainly. Players coming back is a bonus, hopefully see us through the next set of fixtures.    Expect us to be well clear or THEM come end of february. WATP.

27 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

7 million might be a lot to us, but its not that much in the general footballing world. We got a very good winger for that money. I would also argue that we have never quite looked like our dangerous selves when he has been out the team. He is integral to our Rangers team.

We’ve barely looked dangerous with him in the team though, he’s nowhere near a massive miss despite being a better option.

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's clearly a defensive type player, he's not one that will open up a defence or score goals. Pretty sure he played centre back mostly for his last team, and he does look like a defender playing midfield at times.

We got him on loan and its a low risk move for a young player that can cover a few positions with room to improve. But I think we can all see we need more creativity/goals from midfield, rather than put another defensive type in with Kamara.

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

some just don’t like Kent which is bizarre 

Even when not on top form Kent unsettles defences, drags men out to mark him and creates space for others. 

He gets his head down and batters in no matter what too.  We are clearly a better team when he starts.

He was one of at least 4 key players we sorely missed tonight.

20 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Mate, you win games by goals and Kent has two of them this season.

There is a metric out there about the pass before the assist, doesn’t cover everything you’re referring to but some of it. Haven’t looked at it but doubt it’s majorly up there.

Butter it up all you like, 7m playing for Glasgow Rangers in a front 3 I want at very minimum 10 goals, 10 assists no matter how much space you make or drag defenders away.

👍

Nobody was ever signed on account of his ability to make space for other people above anything else.

13 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

We need to see him as a CH which was his main position as I understand it

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Itten’s shite, that should be his last chance.

Wright was fucking awful.

Lowry best player on the park, and Sakala looked good too. Class goal as well. 

Itten’s not a footballer. Stumbling about the pitch and giving the ball away. Wright too - an Aberdeen player simple as that. 
Both fucking atrocious 

3 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

I'm sure it was someone from the sheep who said they could counteract any player in Scotland apart from Kent. They didn't know how to play him.

Sadly, they did last week…

’Play’ being the operative word.

I said all I wanted was a win and we got it.

However I'm not really sure what I just watched? It was all over the place with no real impetus or intent. It was almost as if we just found a goal out of nothing as opposed to anything else.

That midfield two is so lightweight. We're screaming for Aribo to be back. Alfie is such a huge miss. Are we wide or are we narrow?

We got away with one tonight IMO. 

Thank God for the Subs and Lowry you deserve credit too.

4 minutes ago, ForeverInBlue said:

Struggling big time 

We’re missing Kent, Morelos, Aribo, Helander, even Davis & Hagi could be argued. Jack and Roofe weren’t fit enough to start. The squads ravaged by absences.

We certainly aren’t struggling even if tonight was shite. Better Rangers teams have went to Pittodrie and lost.

GVB’s record in the league stands at 17 goals, 3 conceded, goal difference +14 with 8 wins and a draw away to Aberdeen.

That isn’t struggling. Stop listening to the noise.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

We’re missing Kent, Morelos, Aribo, Helander, even Davis & Hagi could be argued. Jack and Roofe weren’t fit enough to start. The squads ravaged by absences.

We certainly aren’t struggling even if tonight was shite. Better Rangers teams have went to Pittodrie and lost.

GVB’s record in the league stands at 17 goals, 3 conceded, goal difference +14 with 8 wins and a draw away to Aberdeen.

That isn’t struggling. Stop listening to the noise.

Time will tell