Jump to content

*****Official Rangers v Livingston match thread*****


CR3
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Aye Itten is fucking horrendous. Can’t believe we spent actual money on him. 

I can understand the frustration with him, however he is a striker and we all know how tempremental they are, Alfie was a waste of a shirt for months before Gio lit a fire under his arse and look at how badly we are missing him now. Itten will not provide the same link up play as El Buf, he is more of a poacher, which means that our creative players need to concentrate on feeding him.

If Itten can get a run of games and a few goals he will do fine, he is an International class player (albeit for Switzerland) and he can score goals, like it or not he is going to be the main man upfront for the next few games, against The Scum he could prove pivotal as they simply cannot defend against a decent cross ball into their box.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I can understand the frustration with him, however he is a striker and we all know how tempremental they are, Alfie was a waste of a shirt for months before Gio lit a fire under his arse and look at how badly we are missing him now. Itten will not provide the same link up play as El Buf, he is more of a poacher, which means that our creative players need to concentrate on feeding him.

If Itten can get a run of games and a few goals he will do fine, he is an International class player (albeit for Switzerland) and he can score goals, like it or not he is going to be the main man upfront for the next few games, against The Scum he could prove pivotal as they simply cannot defend against a decent cross ball into their box.

There’s lots of posts like this about him. It’s almost like wishing he was better  than he is - instead of acknowledging he’s had runs of games, he looks poor during his “opportunities” and is like a fish out of water. 
He’s also had a loan opportunity to impress elsewhere which never worked out. 
 

We can’t afford to carry someone “who needs a run of games” 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s lots of posts like this about him. It’s almost like wishing he was better  than he is - instead of acknowledging he’s had runs of games, he looks poor during his “opportunities” and is like a fish out of water. 
He’s also had a loan opportunity to impress elsewhere which never worked out. 
 

We can’t afford to carry someone “who needs a run of games” 

 

Fair enough, however the last loan at Furth was a waste of time, a team totally out of its depth in the Bundesliga, where his game time was also strictly limited. As I said earlier, like it or not he is going to be the main man up front for the next few weeks, we will have to adjust our game to suit him which means getting the ball to him in the box where he can use his strength to hold the ball and create a chance to get a shot away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Fair enough, however the last loan at Furth was a waste of time, a team totally out of its depth in the Bundesliga, where his game time was also strictly limited. As I said earlier, like it or not he is going to be the main man up front for the next few weeks, we will have to adjust our game to suit him which means getting the ball to him in the box where he can use his strength to hold the ball and create a chance to get a shot away.

Change our system to suite a terrible footballer

nah you’re ok. Play Roofe and sell Itten

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Cheers lucy

No wonder. Struggled to beat livi and some cunts are ecstatic 

I don't think I have ever seen crabbit Dan before? :lol:

I am personally not ecstatic, but I am happy it's 3 points and not 1 or nothing. It keeps us 4 points ahead which is what we want. 

It was a scrappy win though. 

Hopefully we get more of our main team back for a better win on Saturday 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I can understand the frustration with him, however he is a striker and we all know how tempremental they are, Alfie was a waste of a shirt for months before Gio lit a fire under his arse and look at how badly we are missing him now. Itten will not provide the same link up play as El Buf, he is more of a poacher, which means that our creative players need to concentrate on feeding him.

If Itten can get a run of games and a few goals he will do fine, he is an International class player (albeit for Switzerland) and he can score goals, like it or not he is going to be the main man upfront for the next few games, against The Scum he could prove pivotal as they simply cannot defend against a decent cross ball into their box.

If he was a poacher he’d have had two goals last night

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Change our system to suite a terrible footballer

nah you’re ok. Play Roofe and sell Itten

Adjust to the current situation, Roofe does not have 90 minutes in him at the moment, as I said, Itten is the only option to start, play to support him as best as possible and then change when we bring on Roofe, GVB has shown that he is quite adept at changing formations and tactics when he can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If he was a poacher he’d have had two goals last night

How many chances has Alfie passed up in the last few months? Now he is on fire. 

Not saying that Itten is a 30 goal a season man, however I am of the opinion that we cannot judge him to be a terrible footballer until he has had a fair crack at the whip. He has a few games until Alfie returns, a chance to get up to speed and show he has what it takes, if he does not show the required attitude when he has his chance then by all means punt him at the earliest opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

How many chances has Alfie passed up in the last few months? Now he is on fire. 

Not saying that Itten is a 30 goal a season man, however I am of the opinion that we cannot judge him to be a terrible footballer until he has had a fair crack at the whip. He has a few games until Alfie returns, a chance to get up to speed and show he has what it takes, if he does not show the required attitude when he has his chance then by all means punt him at the earliest opportunity.

Mate. Surely you can tell by now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

How many chances has Alfie passed up in the last few months? Now he is on fire. 

Not saying that Itten is a 30 goal a season man, however I am of the opinion that we cannot judge him to be a terrible footballer until he has had a fair crack at the whip. He has a few games until Alfie returns, a chance to get up to speed and show he has what it takes, if he does not show the required attitude when he has his chance then by all means punt him at the earliest opportunity.

Last night, should and hopefully will be his last game for us.

graeme_4 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There has always been a strong Itten Loyal on here (just like Katic). I don't get it.

At least Katic has contributed something. Itten is honking every time I’ve seen him. 

Had the cheek to cup his hands to his ears after scoring in a pre-season friendly as well. 

bluenoz likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2022 at 13:56, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I don't think I have ever seen crabbit Dan before? :lol:

I am personally not ecstatic, but I am happy it's 3 points and not 1 or nothing. It keeps us 4 points ahead which is what we want. 

It was a scrappy win though. 

Hopefully we get more of our main team back for a better win on Saturday 👍🏻

Think he wants me to be a woman. 

Very strange. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...