*****Official Rangers v Livingston match thread*****

CR3

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Should Lowry play in the first team after having an alright game v a league 2 team - no. Should Aribo be thrown in to play 90 minutes straight away after being away at AFCON - no.

Could be an unpopular opinion but weโ€™ll see tonight.

He wonโ€™t be but I donโ€™t see your point there at all. Everyone else in the team has been playing football aswell while he has been at that tournament.

When we play away in Europe we donโ€™t rest all those players for the league game that follows a few days later, so why would it be wrong to play him tonight?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

He wonโ€™t be but I donโ€™t see your point there at all. Everyone else in the team has been playing football aswell while he has been at that tournament.

When we play away in Europe we donโ€™t rest all those players for the league game that follows a few days later, so why would it be wrong to play him tonight?

As a sub aye.ย 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

He wonโ€™t be but I donโ€™t see your point there at all.

So, you agree that this point will turn out to be true but you donโ€™t see the point. Are you confused mate?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

So youโ€™ve no answer thenย 

I didnโ€™t say it would be wrong to play him tonight though did I๐Ÿ˜‚ I stated he probably wonโ€™t play 90 with Sport science etc and when someone comes back from any sort of international duty they donโ€™t get thrown in for the full 90.

Just now, CR3 said:

So, you agree that this point will turn out to be true but you donโ€™t see the point. Are you confused mate?

I donโ€™t think Gio will throw him in straight away because itโ€™s livi at Ibrox but I donโ€™t see any real reason why he shouldnโ€™t be.

Try to keep this discussion calm, thereโ€™s no need for the annoyance you seem to be displaying at the end of your post there :lol:

Just now, CR3 said:

I didnโ€™t say it would be wrong to play him tonight though did I๐Ÿ˜‚ I stated he probably wonโ€™t play 90 with Sport science etc and when someone comes back from any sort of international duty they donโ€™t get thrown in for the full 90.

You didnโ€™t say probably. You said he shouldnโ€™t be played for 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

You didnโ€™t say probably. You said he shouldnโ€™t be played for 90 minutes.

Agreed. More so that it will inevitably turn out to be true and the way it goes these days.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I know we're lacking in numbers but a bit confused at the amount of shouts for Bacuna to play, thought his attitude was stinking on Friday

Maybe because he got a couple of assists? Agreed though you could tell he thought that kind of game was beneath him.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

I know we're lacking in numbers but a bit confused at the amount of shouts for Bacuna to play, thought his attitude was stinking on Friday

His attitude has been stinking at every club he's played for, undoubtedly some talent there but he'll never shine

Fact is we're back into a corner and he'll likely feature at some point tonight

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

McGregorย 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barasicย 

Kamara Arfield Bacunaย 

Wright Roofe Sakalaย 

Aribo from the bench if needed. Also give Lowry some game time from the bench

Have to say, Bacuna hasn't impressed me too much but he does have real moments of quality and is capable of seeing passes others don't.ย  And for that reason, I'd start him and this would be my team too.

A bigger concern for me is if you take Bacuna out and instead put either Itten or even Sands into that lineup (and even move Arfield forward), I think we might have a team that's short on ideas and is just passing it about, without anyone taking real responsibility.ย  That's where Kent, Aribo, Alfie and even Hagi are so important for us.ย ย 

Zero need for Kamara and Sands, that's way too cautious and I'll be disappointed if he goes with that.ย ย