Our new style of play

Redwhiteandblue

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think either full back is done, they are just being instructed to be a lot more disciplined in their performances now.

And as a result our backline is shored right up, not chasing a game cause we lose the first goal is something that's quite enjoyable tbh lol

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

My worry is how quickly the change is happening. This is a championship winning squad and whilst we have one or two duds among it. 

I wouldn't say coming into January it required major surgery but going into the last few days of the window I think we could be busy. Everything has changed  and if we believe in Gio we must get him the players in to make this formation change work. 

If bacuna, lundstram and Simpson all go we are gonna need 3 or 4 signings by Monday night. 

To fill their spots on the bench?

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

All i will say is that we miss Tav and Barasics attacking threat.

Fully understand what we are trying to do but when we don’t have the quality up front then having two of our most creative players sitting back makes zero sense to me.

Would you rather we conceded the first goal in every game like under Gerrard?

We've lost 2 goals in 9 league games and 1 was a penalty. The other on the livi astro.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

We've lost 2 goals in 9 league games and 1 was a penalty. The other on the livi astro.

No but surely a happy medium in there.

Even if it’s Letting Tav a wee but off the leash as we have absolutely nothing down that right side and he also offers a goal threat.

33 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

All i will say is that we miss Tav and Barasics attacking threat.

Fully understand what we are trying to do but when we don’t have the quality up front then having two of our most creative players sitting back makes zero sense to me.

This..

Also I would like to see Gio show the fans a bit of passion or something,  tht was a huge goal last night and just walks down tunnel. (Hopefully see something at Parkhead) We the fans don't seem to have a relationship with the manager and backroom team. Seems very us and them.

34 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Having our fullbacks power forward when needed doesn’t necessarily result in us conceding the first goal, thats just some myth people have made up. 

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

I also I would like to see Gio show the fans a bit of passion or something,  tht was a huge goal last night and just walks down tunnel. (Hopefully see something at Parkhead)

34cc7516-7ab5-4606-8e38-d9db26f506d9.jpg.e5b005196bab18c1a302915d5d1add81.thumb.jpg.cae86e3aca251cadc8a0f12409df44d7.jpg

I think he does show passion at times, just didn't last night for whatever reason. 

BTW, I know our general style of play under Gio is to curb the full-backs but last night both Borna and Tav were getting forward quite often to try and make things happen - we just weren't whipping as many crosses in as Livi's big centre-backs were dealing with those pretty easily

Our goal literally came from Borna hitting the byline and putting a cross in

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

This..

Also I would like to see Gio show the fans a bit of passion or something,  tht was a huge goal last night and just walks down tunnel. (Hopefully see something at Parkhead) We the fans don't seem to have a relationship with the manager and backroom team. Seems very us and them.

This place has gone absolutely insane the last month but this is right up there for wild posts

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

This place has gone absolutely insane the last month but this is right up there for wild posts

Has he, or backroom staff went to the away fans at hibs or hearts etc.. after wins? Surely he should be over there appreciating the supporters? celtic have this over the top togetherness dancing at the end when they are 4 behind! But it definitely helps them. 

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Has he, or backroom staff went to the away fans at hibs or hearts etc.. after wins? Surely he should be over there appreciating the supporters? celtic have this over the top togetherness dancing at the end when they are 4 behind! But it definitely helps them. 

I don't think every manager needs to do that. Would be good to see but I wouldn't be worried about that in particular 

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

This is quite a British thing though. In Western Europe a lot of managers don't really do it but I'm sure he will celebrate wildly when we win #56...

Gio hasn't lost a game and he's getting called out for his style on here :confused:.

Gio has always been very composed, managing a club like ours thats actually a strength I think not a weakness.  If he was as reactionary as some on here he'd have sold half the team after the sheep game.

He knows the club inside out, be mad to doubt his passion for success here just because he doesnt give it the histrionics every week.

Gio is finding out that too many of his squad players are just not up to the job. But he has had to pick them due to injuries, internationals etc. There will be a clear out in the summer.

Once we are back to full strength we will start to win games with more ease and more style.

For this window I would be looking for a right winger. Doubt if we can afford the millions such a player will cost but perhaps a loan deal with a view to buy is the way to go.

Win the league with the CL money to come and then we can go shopping.