Scotty Arfield and His Moment of Magic

RockwellGers

47 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

:lol: 

Don’t get that thinking at all. We aren’t signing players who are better than Roofe and Morelos right now and leaving them on the bench, and any player we would get who is happy to be third or fourth choice isn’t likely to be an improvement on Itten either.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t get that thinking at all. We aren’t signing players who are better than Roofe and Morelos right now and leaving them on the bench, and any player we would get who is happy to be third or fourth choice isn’t likely to be an improvement on Itten either.

The problem is you don't seem to think, twenty two games in the league and none of our strikers are in double figures against the dross we play is embarrassing.

We regularly have 70% possession against teams and still struggle to score goals.

You boys would be much better supporting a lower level of team if you think what we currently have upfront is Rangers quality.

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

The problem is you don't seem to think, twenty two games in the league and none of our strikers are in double figures against the dross we play is embarrassing.

We regularly have 70% possession against teams and still struggle to score goals.

You boys would be much better supporting a lower level of team if you think what we currently have upfront is Rangers quality.

Nice to see you are back to focusing on and moaning about a lack of league goals again even though both players have overall records that are close to 1 in 2 for us. And for the record there isn’t one striker in the league who has double figures yet either.

Since you seemingly have all the answers how abut you tell us exactly how we are going to fund moves for two new strikers of a higher standard than the two we have at the moment right now because they wouldn’t come cheap…unless you still think Liam Boyce and Martin Boyle are the answer of course.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Nice to see you are back to focusing on and moaning about a lack of league goals again even though both players have overall records that are close to 1 in 2 for us. And for the record there isn’t one striker in the league who has double figures yet either.

Since you seemingly have all the answers how abut you tell us exactly how we are going to fund moves for two new strikers of a higher standard than the two we have at the moment right now because they wouldn’t come cheap…unless you still think Liam Boyce and Martin Boyle are the answer of course.

We need better strikers has been the case for a number of years so why not reiterate the point? I think we have had about eight games where we only scored one goal think about that, with decent strikers we would have been out of sight by now and turned two draws into wins.

You surely want improvement on that, I know I do.

You do know Liam Boyce has the same number of goals in the league as Morelos and Boyle has more than Roofe in two very poor teams?

Standards man ffs.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

We need better strikers has been the case for a number of years so why not reiterate the point? I think we have had about eight games where we only scored one goal think about that, with decent strikers we would have been out of sight by now and turned two draws into wins.

You surely want improvement on that, I know I do.

You do know Liam Boyce has the same number of goals in the league as Morelos and Boyle has more than Roofe in two very poor teams?

Standards man ffs.

You can want improvement but approach it with a degree of realism too. Morelos and Roofe probably take home the best part of £60,000 a week between them. We aren’t in a position financially to sign two more players to do the same role right now when we are skint and have other areas that are of far more pressing concern.

I know you will scoff at this but there’s more to being a good striker than just scoring goals, especially in the modern game where strikers are expected to do far more for the team.

Emmanuel Dennis has the same number of goals as Ronaldo in the Premier League this season. Doesn’t make him a better player than Ronaldo just like neither Boyle or Boyce are better than Morelos or Roofe. Goals are a good indicator but they don’t tell a full story on their own but I know you are intelligent enough to already know that.

Just now, DBBTB said:

You can want improvement but approach it with a degree of realism too. Morelos and Roofe probably take home the best part of £60,000 a week between them. We aren’t in a position financially to sign two more players to do the same role when we are skint.

I know you will scoff at this but there’s more to being a good striker than just scoring goals, especially in the modern game where strikers are expected to do far more for the team.

Emmanuel Dennis has the same number of goals as Ronaldo in the Premier League this season. Doesn’t make him a better player than Ronaldo just like neither Boyle or Boyce are better than Morelos or Roofe. Goals are a good indicator but they don’t tell a full story on their own but I know you are intelligent enough to already know that.

Striker is a position we should have improved at the start of the season.

Morelos only fit striker, still should score more, 12 last season 12 the season before in the league.

Sakala plays as a winger.

Roofe great player good striker but never fit.

Defoe away.

Itten just doesn't seem to do well in our team.

53 minutes ago, Smile said:

We're averaging 2 goals a game in the league this season

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

So we shouldn't include games that don't suit your narrative. Sound.

No we should work out by using our head how these figures are based.

Simple stuff.

Do you think our strikers score enough?

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Absolutely incredible finish from Arfield

He has been good for us this year and fully deserves a contract extension 

Arfield when played in his natural position has always impressed for us and contributed, gerrard regularly moved him about and played him as part of the mid 3 at times and his form suffered because its not his best traits, 

If we won't play two up front at home to dross, then for me the midfield should be kamara sitting, aribo free role, Kent on left, arfield through the middle and whatever right winger is on form at that time, 

I honestly believe that we have no one else who can replicate the runs arfield makes, aribo is good at them but he usually takes the ball to feet and takes a man on etc, ive only ever seen glimpses of it in maybe hagi, like his goal against the sheep, but its glimpses, nothing more 

18 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Immperative he signs the deal soon, hes probably looking for 2 year deal... where stumbling block maybe.

Gio favours him, ive long championex his corner on here, if he was 28/29, injury free, he would be my captain.

No one speajs better infront of the media also and represents the club like he does.

Needs to be around the squad for Gio, next season included.

Id give him a 2 year deal right now, yeah the second year might be bit part but it is still an experienced and good player in the squad who could help us out when its needed, 

I'll admit i thought he was finished with us due to him not getting games in his natural position and his form suffering badly from it, 

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id give him a 2 year deal right now, yeah the second year might be bit part but it is still an experienced and good player in the squad who could help us out when its needed, 

I'll admit i thought he was finished with us due to him not getting games in his natural position and his form suffering badly from it, 

Only player who link mid to front, make the box runs n killer passes.

Aribo has only this season brought that intensity to his game.

On 26/01/2022 at 21:57, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tonight had an air of the killie home game last season when jack scored a beauty and we huffed and puffed

Gonna have games like that, it imperative that we have guys like arfield who can provide moments of magic to swing it for us

Agreed 100% mate. Scotty is a class player.......... very underrated by a lot of our support. He would be in my starting 11 most weeks.

Forgot to add, Scotty/he brings the scottish mentality as gets about buzzing about, getting to the baw, winning seond baws, we have alot of foreign players who dont get this, more so under gio, where we are sitting off far too much for my liking at home to utter shite. Has to change Gio and asap