Alex Lowry

EMRFC

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I love Scott Arfield and he has experience over the kid but Lowry might be the better player. It would be cruel to leave him out on Saturday.

He might not be ready to face Dortmund. That game is a different animal.

Don’t think any of our players are ready to face Dortmund to be fair. I doubt Lowry would be any worse than the rest.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I love Scott Arfield and he has experience over the kid but Lowry might be the better player. It would be cruel to leave him out on Saturday.

He might not be ready to face Dortmund. That game is a different animal.

All depends how he handles the pressure , but I think I'd more likely play him in the Dortmund games than some key league games . 

It’s funny how all the posters who claimed to watch the B Team all season were repeatedly claiming that none of the players including Lowry were ready for the first team and that our best youth players were out on loan.

Where did those posters disappear too?

Just now, Siam69 said:

Very raw but confident, wants the ball, wants to take people on and make things happen.

Put in a few great crosses a certain Mr Defoe would have goggled up no doubt.

Promising.

Yeah I’d have rather kept Defoe than Itten to be honest.

Thought he was better tonight than Friday against a lot higher standard of opposition.

He was my MOTM for his 1st half performance, great maturity for a young kid.

Early days but looks a good prospect and should be in the 1st team squad going forward.

He’s a first team player and should be involved in the match day squad at least from now on. His touch and control are really excellent, had the ability to just glide by a couple of players as well tonight and on another night would’ve had 2 assists. 

Did get shoved off the ball easily a few times and was caught in possession as well but a very solid night again. 

3 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Tbh Dortmund is a free hit, see no problem playing him in that match, he would get a real education either way imo. 

Mate get real. The boys a talent but would be struggling to find his feet against their reserves. Pitching him in against world class cente backs and midfielders in not development.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Posters laughed when others pencilled him into tonight's team selection. But there he was, and once again picked up the tv's motm. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The negativity towards playing youth amongst some is astounding.

Its got nothing to do with negativity towards youth, the boys first game was last week against Stirling Albion. No doubt he should be in and around the first team squad, but given the importance of the season it would be criminal if we were in a position where we were relying on a relatively unknown youth prospect to suddenly start games against teams like the tims and Dortmund. 
I’ll say it again, if thats where we are we are in bother. 

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Mate get real. The boys a talent but would be struggling to find his feet against their reserves. Pitching him in against world class cente backs and midfielders in not development.

He either gets a footballing lesson or comes into his own. Nothing to lose really so I can just about see the logic in it

Just now, WWTC said:

Do you think picking Lundstram ahead of him in that match will change things? I'm not suggesting it would develop him but would be an eye opener, let him see what real talent is and perhaps inspire him to up his game. 

Just think the Dortmund game is beyond us atm and giving the lad a place would be more beneficial than going with the likes of Lundstram. 

Even on as a sub imo. 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Would be definitely looking to tie him down on a new deal as well. 

Think that needs to be done quickly. Contract is up in May 2023. There will be cunts sniffing about unless we do.