Alex Lowry

EMRFC

Once we've got our starting eleven back, I think he'll be a real asset coming off the bench. He'll be able to develop a lot even if he's just getting 15-20 minutes in games for the next six months and he offers us more than Bacuna or Barker in that role. Very exciting to have another young player break through so soon after Patterson left. 

1 hour ago, rangersross said:

Once we've got our starting eleven back, I think he'll be a real asset coming off the bench. He'll be able to develop a lot even if he's just getting 15-20 minutes in games for the next six months and he offers us more than Bacuna or Barker in that role. Very exciting to have another young player break through so soon after Patterson left. 

He has the benefit of competing for a few spaces on the pitch .Unlike Paterson who was up against the captain for a start .

Should see him get more opportunity quicker .

Hopefully he gets the chance to get himself as a first pick before the vultures come swooping .

For those saying that he is too young/has to develop/lacks the physique, just remember that Denis Law played, and scored, for Scotland at age 18. He wasn't the strongest of players physically either. Patterson was picked for the National team so why not Lowry.

Thought he looked a good prospect from the first time I saw him play in the youth ranks.  Dare I say, he is quite Baxteresque in his style of play, confidence and composure on the ball (and before I get slaughtered, I’m not suggesting for a minute that he is, or ever will be, able to lace the great man’s boots).

Long way to go, so many false dawns with young players, but hopefully he progresses to become a first team regular.