Gio

I hate to say it but I have a dreadful feeling about his management. Can see it ending badly. He seems sooo unable to step away from his ideas. I know we did change things v Dortmund in terms of formation but it's another thing he had worked on previously. We've struggled in domestic games and he has not been able to make a positive refreshing change in those games. 

He seems like a blinkered stuck in his ways manager, which at a young age for management, is worrying. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

He said he didn't think about making subs, which is completely different. In other words, he didn't think subs were required. We can disagree with him on that point but it's a bit unfair to suggest he had some kind of alzheimer's moment. 

No, he just had a completely blind and brain dead moment 

45 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

I hate to say it but I have a dreadful feeling about his management. Can see it ending badly. He seems sooo unable to step away from his ideas. I know we did change things v Dortmund in terms of formation but it's another thing he had worked on previously. We've struggled in domestic games and he has not been able to make a positive refreshing change in those games. 

He seems like a blinkered stuck in his ways manager, which at a young age for management, is worrying. 

Going from a midfield 3 of Kamara, Arfield and Aribo to Jack and Lundstram sitting which is clearly his go to now is quite a massive change

I remain convinced he stayed with the eleven out there to make a point to his team. What the point was, to whom it was aimed, I don’t know.

Maybe it was Arfield and Kent can find Row Z as easily as Roofe and Fashion can, so I might as well stay with the players on the field.

Certainly Gio and Maakay must find the finishing scandalous. At the end of the day, if this team put its presentable chances into the net it would be atop the league.

My biggest concern with Gio right now is he appears to be unnecessarily alienating and bombing out players that we need to step. In doing so, he’s running a small core into the ground.

Neither situation is going to end well for him or us if it continues.

It’s bizarre, nonsensical and his stubbornness, if he doesn’t change soon, will see him fail.

People would do well to remember how utterly shite we were under Gerrard at the start of the season and that we did not change system from our turgid side to side football once.

Individual errors and not taking chances have cost us under Gio so far but the football on display has been much better and he’s at least showed a willingness to adapt systems and make changes when necessary. Twice he’s made subs/tactical tweaks at half time in games which is something Gerrard would not have done in my opinion. Add to that he’s got Morelos looking like a footballer again, is getting something out of Lundstram and he’s making me start to believe Bassey might become a quality player for us, it’s not as doom and gloom as some seem to think 

The biggest mistake Gio is making us not seeing McGregor is finished, ultimately that could cost us the league 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Actually reading some of the comments, I genuinely believe some people think we dropped points on Wednesday.

I genuinely believe some fans don't feel the crippling anxiety watching that pish that some of us do while we're in a title run

After last weeks result we should have came out guns blazing but its yet another lackluster performance scraping a win with teeth clenched.

Its bad enough watching it on telly but I try to take into consideration the people who pay good money and take time off work to attend away games (perhaps people like yourself i don't know if you're a regular attendee at matches or not), the Board wants to commercialize us, yet they don't offer value for money. People want to watch good football and that's not on offer atm

4 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Was booed at the managers dinner last night. 

That's why I get annoyed at some of the embarrassing cunts on here. Opinions spill out and reach players/management. Could understand it if we were out all competitions but we're in a title race and far on in Europe.

10 hours ago, Willis said:

I genuinely believe some fans don't feel the crippling anxiety watching that pish that some of us do while we're in a title run

After last weeks result we should have came out guns blazing but its yet another lackluster performance scraping a win with teeth clenched.

Its bad enough watching it on telly but I try to take into consideration the people who pay good money and take time off work to attend away games (perhaps people like yourself i don't know if you're a regular attendee at matches or not), the Board wants to commercialize us, yet they don't offer value for money. People want to watch good football and that's not on offer atm

Are you even in a title run if you don't have crippling anxiety? 

I do go to some away games, not so many this season having another child. I take my boy to every home game but it doesn't actually matter if I do or don't though, I'm as good or bad as someone who's never been to a game in their life and probably bleed the same shade of blue.

Regarding value for money, you should have some level of expectation that St Johnstone away on a cold Wednesday night might have some scope for shite fitba. Sometimes points and up the road are what's needed in a title race. We played good football against Motherwell. We played good football against Dundee Utd and Ross county. We got dropped points in those games. Canny always be sunshine and lollypops mate.