*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Bassey doesn’t need Borna as an excuse to be dragged out of his position as he’s regularly doing it himself. 

Nah I totally agree. He's like a dog to bone. Any time Borna is even one on one nevermind out of position he rushes out and leaves a huge hole in the back line.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

answers your own judgement there, young bassey trying to cover his own position plus that of a supposed croatian international who has been a bomb scare for a long time now, always had his shitebaggery about him, doesnt like physical but now he backs off and off, allows shots and crosses to come across, his ears will be red raw tomorrow night once McGregor is finished with him possibly...

Bassey has to reign it in sometimes as well. He just rushes out when there is no need at times. At least if you have Sands and Goldson shuffling over centrally there ism't this huge Bassey shaped whole.

Against Dortmund we need to rely on the the full backs to defend. If Tav and Barisic are starting as wing backs then all 5 protect each other.

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Bassey has to reign it in sometimes as well. He just rushes out when there is no need at times. At least if you have Sands and Goldson shuffling over centrally there ism't this huge Bassey shaped whole.

Against Dortmund we need to rely on the the full backs to defend. If Tav and Barisic are starting as wing backs then all 5 protect each other.

There are times when I think he forgets he's playing CB and not LB. There were a few times the other night he charged past the outside of Borna to go close someone down on the left touchline :lol: 

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There are times when I think he forgets he's playing CB and not LB. There were a few times the other night he charged past the outside of Borna to go close someone down on the left touchline :lol: 

He definetely does. Which causes all sorts of problems with a back 4 cause he leaves this huge whole which means whoever holding has to cover in there, leaving space in the midfield who can then switch it to the other side. At least with the back 3 you can eleveate that pressure on Goldson and the midfield.

10 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

He definetely does. Which causes all sorts of problems with a back 4 cause he leaves this huge whole which means whoever holding has to cover in there, leaving space in the midfield who can then switch it to the other side. At least with the back 3 you can eleveate that pressure on Goldson and the midfield.

You know what though, Goldson’s worst trait is also getting sucked into areas he doesn’t need to be in instead of shouting for a midfielder to pick up on their shoulder.

Bassey is young and raw and wants to prove himself so it can be slightly excused.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The post the Rangers socials just put up of inside Dortmunds ground is proper diddy club stuff :lol:

“Look at us, look at us playing a big team”

Do the social team not do it for every European game, I’d imagine most clubs probably do it, wouldn’t say it looks diddy at all just probably reflects the world we’re in the now with the feeling of needing to produce content. 

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Do the social team not do it for every European game, I’d imagine most clubs probably do it, wouldn’t say it looks diddy at all just probably reflects the world we’re in the now with the feeling of needing to produce content. 

If they do then I have never noticed it before 

4 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

They do indeed, mr @.Williamson. just enjoys being negative