Old Firm In Australia…

2 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

Again you are ignoring motives to the victims accepting. If getting a load of cash and avoiding more stress was better for them then that is all that matters.

Celtic have basically said we know you were raped but we are not going to say sorry and you can fuck off thinking that you can have any compensation. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

What we're the motives in accepting? 

1 hour ago, Darth Bear said:

You would have to ask the victims that I am not going to pretend to know their minds.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You've literally just claimed I'm ignoring the motives. Make your mind up ffs. 

1 hour ago, Darth Bear said:

No I haven't I've consistently said that we don't know the motives of the victims. 

You sure you havent?

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Agreed and this is one of the rare occasions where our views align.

However, the board do have an “out” in reflecting the wishes of the support.

”We had no wish to be seen to be judgemental in ongoing legal issues around that club but the strength of feeling demonstrated by our support indicates a misjudgement on our part. On reflection, and in keeping with the clear wishes of our support, we will continue to fulfil our domestic obligations in terms of playing celticfc, but will not participate in this tournament in Australia.”

Most supporters would back a statement like that although we still want the heads of Bisgrove and Robertson impaled on the Ibrox gates.

The board have a PR answer if they manage to find a way out. Simply saying fans aren't happy isn't going to make the organisers decide we can just sack them off.

16 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

The regular football can here would have no idea as its wall to wall Postecoglou. The broadcaster with the rights to the EPL (note it does not have rights to SPFL) sends me fucking notifications from their app what feels like once a week with news about the tarriers and him. And usually it's a word for word repost from a tarrier blog. It's actually pathetic but that is what the neutral Australian football fan is getting right now. 

100%.  Local football fans barely even care about Postecoglou other than, OK, huh.  It's just that sports news has to fill a gap, and it just grabs basically anything it can and wedges it in - for the same reason that they show these shitey golf or tennis tournaments on the news.  Fuck, on some days we have US basketball, like who cares.  The point is, that it's in the news is not the same as anyone caring - they just have this content supply with a local angle and then cram it in that way because they want to fill the news gap in the laziest way possible.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers getting sued for pulling out of a game does what for the victims of abuse?

I'd rather thr Club take a financial hit than pally up with paedos

If we have to pay a million quid to get out of it then so be it, the board will have to deal with it

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The board have a PR answer if they manage to find a way out. Simply saying fans aren't happy isn't going to make the organisers decide we can just sack them off.

Not suggesting that there won’t be penalties attached if we pull out now, that’s probably unavoidable.

However, reflecting on the extreme reaction of the support and doing a u-turn on the basis of their strength of feeling is entirely possible.

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

If we have to pay a million quid to get out of it then so be it, the board will have to deal with it

The club should not be taking the hit. Those who gave it the thumbs up should take the hit. Not one penny should be taken out of the transfer or wage budget because of their massive fuck up.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The club should not be taking the hit. Those who gave it the thumbs up should take the hit. Not one penny should be taken out of the transfer or wage budget because of their massive fuck up.

Deduct the penalty payable for pulling out from their respective severance packages. If there’s a shortfall, we’ll take it from them at a tenner a week. 👍

23 minutes ago, Willis said:

Telling the organisers we want nothing to do with paedophiles should be enough.
That should send the cunts scattering.
What person in their right mind would want to draw attention to this FACT,and TRY to punish us.

7 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Telling the organisers we want nothing to do with paedophiles should be enough.
That should send the cunts scattering.
What person in their right mind would want to draw attention to this FACT,and TRY to punish us.

Yeah. We should say to them "were not playing the tournament and you know why, if you want to try and fine us then we can make our reasons public" if they want to be known as the organizers of Paedo Fest then they can face the backlash from that

10 minutes ago, Willis said:

Yeah. We should say to them "were not playing the tournament and you know why, if you want to try and fine us then we can make our reasons public" if they want to be known as the organizers of Paedo Fest then they can face the backlash from that

To be fair to The Dude, his point was that we already knew their sordid past when we agreed to this so we can hardly use that as an excuse now.

11 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I can't get my head around agreeing to make money for them, when their staff cannot even call us by our name in any interview. Why go along with it at all? Even taking the paedo shit out of the equation  we should not be working with them.

Whoever agreed to this at Rangers really have made an unbelievable fuck up and I still cannot get my head around the fact they did it. Surely the board have some cut off point where they can and cannot make money.

Have our board not been following the news about more court cases and the 30 who have been given the all clear to sue them, that battle has been going on for a few years so no excuse it only came out after the friendlies were agreed. 

I really do despair at times. 

As far as protests are concerned, we need to make sure we do not cut off our nose to spite our face. I would be delighted to attend a protest before a game at Ibrox and sing at h/t 'stick your friendlies up your arse' but not keen on stopping the game, I say that as someone who thinks the U B do a great job with displays, singing, etc.