Formula 1 22/23

2 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

Spain next (yawn) and then Monaco (worst race on the calendar).

They need to start sexing things up a bit, maybe have the drivers blasted with water cannons and flamethrowers, or have big ramp jumps over water. 

I am sure someone high up in F1 suggested having parts of the track wet a few years back, got shot down in flames. It needs something, relying on DRS is not really a satisfactory solution. As you say Monaco is a snooze fest.

15 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I am sure someone high up in F1 suggested having parts of the track wet a few years back, got shot down in flames. It needs something, relying on DRS is not really a satisfactory solution. As you say Monaco is a snooze fest.

Something needs to be done about the DRS rules to avoid DRS trains like we saw yesterday. Not sure what they can do to solve it, but they need to do something. 

Bit of a dull race but another Verstappen masterclass. As long as the reliability sorts itself out I think he'll win the title.

Just on a couple of British drivers, well one "Thai". Russell just gets better every race, if they get that Mercedes up to speed he'll be up there with Max and Charles for race wins and World Championships with no bother at all. The future is bright for the sport in that regard.

Then there is Albon who I've always been a fan in relation to his race craft if not his pure speed. Had a few bits of luck here and there but is really putting in some excellent drives in a banger of a Williams.

7 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Problem with F1 Cars on so many tracks is the size of F1 cars. Elephant in the room when it comes to talking about improving the sport.

The biggest Range Rover you can buy for the UK roads is about 50cm shorter than a 6m long F1 car

This video shows the difference between recent past and present. Alonso's 2005 car was just a little bigger - width and length - than the current Porsche 911. Today's car is the best part of 5ft longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of enouraging signs for Mercedes so far this weekend. Their one lap pace is pretty much equal with Sainz and the Red Bulls. Leclerc has a couple of tenths on them all.

As for race pace they are pretty equal with Ferrari but Red Bull seem to be much quicker. 

Hopefully a three way fight is now on the cards!