Formula 1 22/23

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Enjoyed the racing today, I reckon if that safety car never came out with 10 to go Hamilton would have had the advantage with the better tyres

Ferrari fucked it not pitting both cars for 1st n 2nd

Agree with your first point, he could have won it. Hamilton never really got the full advatage of his newer tyres. Which makes it even more mental that Ferrari didnt pit LeClerc.  They also considered letting both drivers race each other which was nuts. Binotto telling Leclerc to wind it in post race must have been infuriating for him, because their decisions werent questionable, they were shocking.

Amazing race. Best of the season.

I thought up to Ocon's retirement it was a pretty intriguing race with Hamilton coming through. I'm sure him and Leclerc would have had a battle at the end.

So happy for Sainz though, he's had some shit luck this year.

Glad to see Zhou fit and well. Fucking mental accident!

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Vettel retiring at the end of the season. 

Sad day for the sport. Always good to have guys like that on the grid.

He has seemed disenchanted since the late Ferrari days and the move to Aston Martin was an attempt to bring back the glory days but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Hopefully he does an Alonso and has a change of mind in a couple of years but I doubt it.

Just now, barrymorrison1 said:

Ferrari really are amateurs compared to red bull and Mercedes’ on the strategy front.

shocking decision making race after race. 

Imagine going on hards at that time. Then pitted him again and cost him another place.

Woeful.

• 4 weeks later...

Ferrari bringing Leclerc in for new tyres for fastest lap, losing a place and having to fight to get it back and in the process, not getting the fastest lap, sums up Ferrari this season.

Edit: and now getting a 5 second penalty for speeding during above pit stop which means he falls the place anyway 😂😂