Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

I will never for the life of me understand why he couldn’t see that a positive change would have been Lundstram or Jack off for Morelos and play two up top

He is finished here, but he will unfortunately get the chance to drop us more points before he inevitably gets the boot 

26 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

He cannot survive much longer. 

My anger has pretty much subsided and Im just genuinely sad to see how far backwards he has taken us. Regardless whether or not he has been allowed to pick the players signed there is simply no excuse for this amount of regression. The fact he keeps fucking going with the same thing over and over basically sums it up.

Not just the signings mate but the way we are playing football its fucking tough going to watch.

We play hoping to score first obviously and then once we score its hold the ball and keep possession and the games wrapped up. Treating a game like its won when you are up 1 nill in Scotland is fucking dangerous and ludicrous. We should be slaughtering these teams all we do is give them confidence.

Times up now for sure.

Just now, Broxi said:

Has there been an explanation about where Roy Makaay is btw? Apparently not been at the last 3/4 games

That aside, Gio leaving feels somewhat inevitable, it's just a matter of how long he lasts for now.

Family health issue.

reading many of the posts its actually true since last year the team as regressed so much. His style of football is horrible to watch but there must be growing unrest amongst the players.

Did the board see this coming and stop anymore funds for him and in his response he has refused to play some signings?

Something going on for sure but for me deffo his time is up

You can change the manager all you like but our set up is this

DoF...sets out shape of team

DoF...identifies players to fit in the team

DoF...identifies coaches to coach team

This is to provide continuity, so no matter who comes and goes, whether that's players or managers, the next person (player or manager) fits in.

We need a clear out top to bottom. Just the manager will make fuck all difference.

I can’t see him being sacked at the moment, I honestly don’t think the board will see a problem. We got pumped by the mhanks but they’ll make an excuse that we’re playing against top tier opposition in the CL so ignore it.  It is dreadful viewing. 

if I’m wrong and he’s sacked, watch us take months to appoint a replacement. 

4 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

You can change the manager all you like but our set up is this

DoF...sets out shape of team

DoF...identifies players to fit in the team

DoF...identifies coaches to coach team

This is to provide continuity, so no matter who comes and goes, whether that's players or managers, the next person (player or manager) fits in.

We need a clear out top to bottom. Just the manager will make fuck all difference.

Agreed and Wilson has probably more blame over a longer period but this manager has lost the dressing room and the support. The team and performances are visibly getting worse week on week. He has to go.

Ideally I'd love to see Van Bronkhurst and Wilson getting their P45's tonight but I doubt we'd be that lucky.