Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Yep, going there watching that today confirms the style of play is to pass around the defence in a U-shape and hope an opening appears. Frustrating to say the least with some spells where I’d be as well watching grass grow or paint dry from it to get from Tav all the way around to Kent and back.

This needs to change domestically or he’ll quite simply lose his job as we’ll be winning nothing, maybe a cup, again. Doesn’t wash with the fans. We’ll need to use that two weeks wisely but knowing Rangers, usually come back from an international break actually worse. 

No meaning to be doom and gloom, but it’s pretty subpar stuff at the moment stemming from poor recruitment at the top.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

What exactly are you a fan of? Gio as a player or manager?

If the latter what do you like in how he runs the team?

Sideways, slow, conservative passing, followed by a cross into the box which was loaded with their players and just Colak usually by himself.

Or maybe it’s his inspiring press conferences that fill you with confidence that he’s going to turn it around.

Or could it be his shrew tactical changes with his substitutions?

How he handled the tactics in the Europa league run basically.

can’t argue with the rest now.

Just now, Albeartzzz said:

How he handled the tactics in the Europa league run basically.

can’t argue with the rest now.

We basically played Gerrard's old tactics in the Europa League - high intensity and pressing........ which we dont play now. 

35 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Has there been an explanation about where Roy Makaay is btw? Apparently not been at the last 3/4 games

That aside, Gio leaving feels somewhat inevitable, it's just a matter of how long he lasts for now.

Makaay explanation, Broxi

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62918049

8 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

everyone can see we are going backwards and will get humiliated in europe and most likely win fuckall this season under gio, a competent board will right now be looking to get someone in as soon as possible but alas they'll just look to seville and the CL and say thank you gio

You are 100% correct.

The guy in the crow’s nest has seen the iceberg, the guys in the bridge have seen the iceberg, even the poor passengers have seen the iceberg but you just know that we won’t change course until we crash into the fucking thing.

Another game with a real passive feel and players looking genuinely scared to play in a way we know they can play. I remember when he first arrived and talked about keeping his wife men as wide as possible. At times today Ryan Kent was in the middle of the park in the 10 position. 

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Another game with a real passive feel and players looking genuinely scared to play in a way we know they can play. I remember when he first arrived and talked about keeping his wife men as wide as possible. At times today Ryan Kent was in the middle of the park in the 10 position. 

Ryan Kent wanted to go back on himself and play a simple ball to the full back or centre half rather than take a man on like he’s done for a long time now.

Fraud of a guy.

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hate posting anything from that fat specky wank but seems as thought the rest of the 'media' were afraid to post this.

Anything can happen......

Fuck.

He’s an embarrassment man! 

We now can’t compete in the Champions League groups & are hoping that an “anything can happen” miracle appears to turn around a 5 point lead! 

The way he talks just screams that he’s a loser! 

Just now, The Beast said:

That's exactly how I pictured you

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That's exactly how I pictured you

I'm far less handsome.

Should put a picture of yourself up having a wee bitch fit and calling people tarriers cause they have a different opinion.

How big a win is that for the club?

It's a big win, especially after the difficult weeks we have had. It was good to get back to winning ways. I think the result today was the most important thing today and it was positive.

How satisfied were you with the performance?

It should have been more comfortable than it was today. We created a lot of chances in the first half and scored an early goal. The 2-0 in the second half.. we have to learn to kill games earlier and in the end not make it close to a draw. That is something we have to do better and we had a couple of games last year where we didn't kill the games too early and ended up costing us points. Today, fortunately for us, it didn't cost us the points.

What does it mean to get this win now you have the international break?

It's good to go in with a win. We have two weeks to prepare for Hearts away. We can give players a rest to recharge as well. We have players going to their countries but two weeks off then we go into a very demanding and tough run of games until the World Cup.

What did you make of Leon King and Charlie McCann today?

I'm pleased with Charlie and Leon, both players who came through the academy and to give them minutes. They both deserved it with the way they develop and train. I'm really happy for them they contributed for the win.

How confident are you that you have the players to deliver the league?

Well, it's early. It's six or seven games we have played now. There are still more than 30 games to go in the season. Anything can happen. We are here to give everything to become champions so we have to take it game by game. I'm confident we can compete in the championship. We will have to work hard to be champions in the end.