Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No disrespect mate, but as I said earlier I am giving this thread a miss. Pretty much as I did when people wanted Gio sacked on our Euro run last season. 

Can people refrain from quoting me in this topic? 

OK mate

6 minutes ago, Drunken Heathen said:

No

So sack a manager and a backroom team to bring in another manager and another backroom team for 7/8 months to then just sign another manager and backroom team in the summer? 

It really went well the last time we did that with Murty twice.

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

So sack a manager and a backroom team to bring in another manager and another backroom team for 7/8 months to then just sign another manager and backroom team in the summer? 

Some would havee 4 managers on the bench and substitute them as required.

Madness. 

FIFA 2023 is out on Friday. Should be quieter in here then. 

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some would havee 4 managers on the bench and substitute them as required.

Madness. 

FIFA 2023 is out on Friday. Should be quieter in here then. 

On the other side, some would blindly believe that Gio's style of football will actually win us the title or that the players buy into his tactics and his methods they are just having a wee break.

I get that we can't change managers that often but usually you'd see some hope for the future, we have regressed since the end of last season and whilst it may not ALL be Gio's fault,  the way we are currently set up against the shite of the SPL is just not on and Gio seems reluctant to change his approach. We can either act quickly (but maybe a bit harshly) or we can wait until its too late when we start dropping more points away from home. I mean Pedro had a better away record than Gio and that in itself is utterly pathetic.

45 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No disrespect mate, but as I said earlier I am giving this thread a miss. Pretty much as I did when people wanted Gio sacked on our Euro run last season. 

Can people refrain from quoting me in this topic? 

Honestly tried not to but couldn't help it. Will try not to again tomorrow, not sure how I'll get on.

13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

On the other side, some would blindly believe that Gio's style of football will actually win us the title or that the players buy into his tactics and his methods they are just having a wee break.

I get that we can't change managers that often but usually you'd see some hope for the future, we have regressed since the end of last season and whilst it may not ALL be Gio's fault,  the way we are currently set up against the shite of the SPL is just not on and Gio seems reluctant to change his approach. We can either act quickly (but maybe a bit harshly) or we can wait until its too late when we start dropping more points away from home. I mean Pedro had a better away record than Gio and that in itself is utterly pathetic.

Not read a novel for ages.

Not doing it tonight. 

28 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Why do cunts continue to use Pedro's away record, thats fucking embarrassing given pedro had 9 away games, none of which were at parkhead, easter road or tynecastle lol

Shall we compare gio and Pedro's euro record, infact lets compare gio and everyone's fucking euro record, barring walter gio has outdone everyone in europe, 

Lets compare trophies, gio beats pedro on that note as well 

What about home form? 

Or should we maybe stop comparing complete and utterly different situations

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gio is underspending compared to the aussie. Gerrard had the same issue but managed to punch above his weight. There's ambiguity over whether Gio is a manager or coach.  Regardless, he needs to deliver results.  The season is far from over and every trophy is up for grabs.

But.

With Gerrard I believed, despite some awful cup results, that the 1st team and squad was progressing I just don't see it with the current lot. Do you?  Are you confident or hopeful of silverware this season?

Tbf gerrard punching above his weight is a bit of a sleight of hand given aberdeen twice, hearts, st mirren and st johnstone all pumped him out of cups, along with his absolutely brutal record against the likes of hibs, killie, sheep etc

Was the squad progressing under gerrard, maybe, up until the end of the title season then massively went backwards as we went back to a style that focused on morelos only, if he didnt play well we were fucked 

Is the squad progressing now, well no, but arguably the difference between gio and gerrard is that gerrard never once had to sell off his better players, losing bassey and aribo has hurt us no doubt, gerrard never had that to deal with

Do i think we can win silverware this season, yup we're still in 4 competitions, cups can be hit or miss, and were only a shocking ref performance away from being joint top of the league, do i think we are playing well, not completely, we're still dominating teams just not scoring enough, but we are creating chances even if the displays are boring, 16 attempts yesterday with 6 on target, another 2 of them on target (the two sitters) and the result looks way better than it is

Hell if mcgregor doesn't fuck the goal or kent tracked the runner, the result still looks very comfortable if not the best

We all want swashbuckling football, but when did we last have that consistently in reality? 

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why do cunts continue to use Pedro's away record, thats fucking embarrassing given pedro had 9 away games, none of which were at parkhead, easter road or tynecastle lol

Shall we compare gio and Pedro's euro record, infact lets compare gio and everyone's fucking euro record, barring walter gio has outdone everyone in europe, 

Lets compare trophies, gio beats pedro on that note as well 

What about home form? 

Or should we maybe stop comparing complete and utterly different situations

Ok, lets look at it in it's own right then.....

16 away games, 9 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses.......is that title winning form?

How long are we going to use the Euro run as credit in the bank?

Did you think we turned a corner with the win yesterday, what positives did you see? Fast, attacking, confident football? Nope. How about keeping the zero? Nope. How about individuals continuously underperforming being dropped? Nope.

If you want to be optimistic about it fine but I think most can see the squad aren't  playing for the manager, so you can use the European run as an example of why he should be given as much time as he needs however the writing is on the wall if he has lost the squad (regardless of where the real blame lies).

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

wtf are you on about who says get another manager in 7/8 months time how about get the fucking manager we want in NOW to stop the rot and MAYBE save this season and give him a start for next season

7 minutes ago, Drunken Heathen said:

wtf are you on about who says get another manager in 7/8 months time how about get the fucking manager we want in NOW to stop the rot and MAYBE save this season and give him a start for next season

See before you start swearing and putting things in capitals to make a point go and read what I was replying to originally.

The poster who I was replying to said "any half decent coach to get us to the end of the season and take it from there"

A poster is literally suggesting that!

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gio is underspending compared to the aussie. Gerrard had the same issue but managed to punch above his weight. There's ambiguity over whether Gio is a manager or coach.  Regardless, he needs to deliver results.  The season is far from over and every trophy is up for grabs.

But.

With Gerrard I believed, despite some awful cup results, that the 1st team and squad was progressing I just don't see it with the current lot. Do you?  Are you confident or hopeful of silverware this season?

Gerrard punched above his weight :lol:

He finished second to a bang average tarrier side that was managed by Neil Lennon. 

He lost in the cups to St Mirren, St Johnstone, Aberdeen x2, and Hearts.

Even when we won the league it wasn’t punching above our weight. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But.

Aye we progressed…to the quarter finals of Scottish cup, every year.