Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yes, its undeniable we are awful.

But has he cost us millions? The same players that phoned it in under Gerrard at the beginning of last season are still here and I doubt their value has gone up or down because of Gio. Morelos decline is due to Morelos. Kent was probably never worth what we paid for him. Kamara has been barking since 55.

Players like Roofe, Arfield, Jack, Helander, Tav and McGregor have basically no value anyway due to a combination of age and fitness.

Whether its down to Gio or not, it's inescapable under him Aribo and Bassey put themselves in the shop window for their transfers. Combined with Euro run and qualification of the Champions League you can't really say he's cost us millions.

We could and should have sold some of them.  Kent, Kamara and Hagi should have been sold.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Do managers ever really resign?

The only one i remember was Kevin Keegan after England lost to Germany. They want the pay off usually, cant blame them i suppose. If thats whats keeping Gio here then surely the Gerrard money from Villa should be used. 

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

With the fans against you, the results against you ,the media and pundits all writing he should go .It must be a miserable time for him,I think he might walk away and accept it just didnt work out, he was thrown under a bus in some ways. The players are also now not standing with him. When anyone is in that situation in a job  you need to just bolt for the door as it affects your whole life, sleep, health etc.

No job is worth that

There is 0 chance he will walk away/resign. I don’t understand why people think this is a possibility. 

I’n sure he will cope with a few sleepless nights for 1-2 million quid. 

We’re probably looking at 1-2 million for Gio and 500k on top for his mates. And that’s optimistically assuming our board aren’t totally incapable. Otherwise we could be looking at 3+. 

22 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Has he?

Kent and Morelos fucked it completely themselves.

He got us however much for Bassey, however much we made from getting to the final.

He got us money for Bassey? getting to the final when we were playing well as a team and individuals. he has totally stripped us  of any good play and regressed players. the guy is a fucking joke. poor football and unfit, easy to beat. this is Gios football this season and its fucking brutal, he has brought the worst out of the players. 

He should be sacked ASAP. 

Basser was already playing well before he came in and the team where fit and playing well from under Gerrard and Beale. this season is all Gio, his style and tactics etc. we have went backwards and are a laughing stock ATM get him out to fuck. id take anyone cunt ATM until the end of the season. Gio is a joke of a manger. called it 4 games in. its only going to get worse. 

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Suspect that we’ll put an agreement in place where he goes after the weekend. Probably no point in bringing in the youth coach for 2 games.

Hopefully ‘mutual’ agreement announced then, but already making moves in the background.

Board can’t possibly think he can go on from this point and turn it around. 

As long as they tell us that before Wed. 

Crisis? What crisis?

talkSPORT show host Jim White said he has been in touch with a "senior Ibrox source" and posed the question over whether they were holding crisis talks over the future of Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

White read out his response on air: “We talk to each other every day so nothing changes in that regard."

13 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Bassey was already playing well before he came in and the team where fit and playing well from under Gerrard and Beale.

The team were playing shite before Gio came in mate. Our record in the previous 10 before Gio came in was L, W, D, W, W, D, W, D, W, L. I'm sure we had lost the first goal in about 6 or 7 of these matches as well.

Edit - Just checked and it was 8 games out of those 10 where we lost the first goal. Fucking 8.

A MASSIVE red flag was raised 2 months in to his reign when we drew with Aberdeen at Pittodrie: 

"In the end, especially with 10 men, we were happy with 1-1.

"Sometimes you have games like this. It's not like every place we go, we dominate and create chances. We knew it was going to be hard here. Of course we wanted to be better, especially on the ball, but we weren't so we go back with a point."

Those comments showed that he didn't get it.

He was given the benefit of the doubt, but in hindsight it was clear from that early on that he wasn't cut out for the job.

54 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm all for giving players it both barrels when they have put zero effort in. Lundstram yesterday deserved a lot of flack for actually giving up. 

But players and the Manager shouldn't be getting abuse, especially at the start of a game, just because, and they certainly shouldn't be made to feel unsafe.

Yesterday we actually played really well until the first goal and were a bit unlucky not to be a few goals up. The fans were really behind the team probably up until their second. At Ibrox though it's a bit of a different story. It doesn't help when people give players abuse in the first couple of minutes - especially as some actively try and please the crowd instead of playing their natural game - which makes things worse.

Creating a toxic atmosphere from the get go is not going to help things.

No mental health awareness whatsoever.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

A MASSIVE red flag was raised 2 months in to his reign when we drew with Aberdeen at Pittodrie: 

"In the end, especially with 10 men, we were happy with 1-1.

"Sometimes you have games like this. It's not like every place we go, we dominate and create chances. We knew it was going to be hard here. Of course we wanted to be better, especially on the ball, but we weren't so we go back with a point."

Those comments showed that he didn't get it.

He was given the benefit of the doubt, but in hindsight it was clear from that early on that he wasn't cut out for the job.

How are Airdrie getting along?

I’m nowhere near as optimistic as others believing that there’s some sort of agreement in the background for him to go after the St Mirren game

I fully believe that the only game that will get him sacked will be celtic in January when they most likely hammer us at Ibrox

We are in a very shitty situation

But with the right resignations and the right appointments this can be turned round relatively quickly

1 minute ago, The FF Snitch said:

The mental woman that runs the Badger Loyal on Facebook wants Gio to stay @.Williamson.

F9CAC40F-D644-4894-B4B0-885052D3B54C.thumb.jpeg.53b45536fc911b4ffc4731bed0d88874.jpeg

If his targets didn’t want to play in Scotland or cost too much then he’s looking at the wrong targets. If he can’t identify others who fit his style then it’s even more clear he’s not the right man for the job

15 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The team were playing shite before Gio came in mate. Our record in the previous 10 before Gio came in was L, W, D, W, W, D, W, D, W, L. I'm sure we had lost the first goal in about 6 or 7 of these matches as well.

Edit - Just checked and it was 8 games out of those 10 where we lost the first goal. Fucking 8.

was it a 6 point lead he had at the top of the league. 

Under Gio we're playing the poorest football in years. 

i think we are all in agreement that his football is abysmal and he needs to go? thats the bottom line.