Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I disagree. This Dutch contingent has zero personality, passion or knowledge of our history.

I've never seen a more dour bunch.

We have many British players in our team and I think they will react to a British coach. They certainly don't to the Dutch.

SG had loads of personality, didn’t help him much did it? Gio knows plenty about our history, so did McCoist which again didn’t help cause both failed at what they’re employed for, to manage and get best out the players.

11 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Out of interest who would you like to see appointed that would be affordable 

I honestly don’t know. I’m not a scholar of world football. But that doesn’t mean we should be settling for Thomson, Martindale, or somebody who clearly isn’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I honestly don’t know. I’m not a scholar of world football. But that doesn’t mean we should be settling for Thomson, Martindale, or somebody who clearly isn’t good enough. 

I agree but it is imperative we get the next appointment correct or we'll end up watching them dominating again.

1 hour ago, Robborobson said:

Where’s the money gone….Europa League money last season, massive surplass generated in the transfer windows plus this season’s group stage in the Champions league?

can the board explain where it’s gone?

Don’t talk like that in here people will decend on you with tales of 2012 and Covid etc etc.They will call you the Witcher with talk like this

Biggest problem is the board.... these cunts arent going anytime soon.

Gio is the next biggest issue. 

Cant believe that we'd got ourselves into the position we were at the start of the season and now we're where we are.

Pathetic.

If Gios still here come the start of the WC we may as well right of next season as well.

The players need a right kick up their arses that I don't think they are getting. 

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The main concern for me with Beale is he'll already have to many mates/favorites in this squad. 

We really need an experienced manager. A strong leader that will demand better standards and gut this side out.  

I agree with that, he worked with most of these players and we know how they were shite at times while Gerard was manager.

I would also be concerned if we went for him this early in his career as a manager. 

43 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i thought it was if you can show that you can pay any loans and can sustain the club the you can spend within those limits

Theres also stuff about running at a loss for x amount of years, basically you cant do it, man city im sure got away with it as their stadium sponsorship is for fucking funny money, basically a way around the rules

Just now, Number5 said:

Biggest problem is the board.... these cunts arent going anytime soon.

Gio is the next biggest issue. 

Cant believe that we'd got ourselves into the position we were at the start of the season and now we're where we are.

Pathetic.

If Gios still here come the start of the WC we may as well right of next season as well.

The players need a right kick up their arses that I don't think they are getting. 

Most of the longterm players like Tav,Goldson,Kent etc need chased.The newer signings will be decent after a good manager and coaching arrives.Fresh eager attitude is required and a Captain with balls like a rhino.

Gerrard took no shit with most players and the media.We need to be ruthless ,none likes us and we should give them all a reason why.

Knutson or Dyche for me and if not then Gerrard again even if to get the club back to where we were and then bin him for someone better.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Theres also stuff about running at a loss for x amount of years, basically you cant do it, man city im sure got away with it as their stadium sponsorship is for fucking funny money, basically a way around the rules

You'd think those running the club and taking huge wages would have some sort of idea of the rules.

Just now, Kylegib said:

You'd think those running the club and taking huge wages would have some sort of idea of the rules.

They likely do, hence the tightening of purse strings, given we cost over 70mill to run per season and our incomes without euro money dont come close to it, you can see why they wont just think "we sold 30mill quid worth, lets spend 30mill quid" 

18 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Said when we were getting scudded in Europe as long as we were only 2 points behind there was no chance he was getting sacked.  Within a couple of weeks we’re now 7 behind and still nothing.  And this was us on an easier 1/4 of the fixture list.

It’s ending one way but we’ll be a bigger distance behind the tarriers before then.

It was a car crash in slow motion against Livi but the car has struck the wall yesterday yet this incompetent board can see it or choose not to see it.

We got compensation for SG so where’s that went if it’s not funding Gio etc.?

This fuck up is on the board and they are the cunts who should pony up the compensation package.

Across the road they give out 12 months rolling contract yet we give a guy with no club an extended contract.

Amateurs need launched out our club.

7 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Most of the longterm players like Tav,Goldson,Kent etc need chased.The newer signings will be decent after a good manager and coaching arrives.Fresh eager attitude is required and a Captain with balls like a rhino.

Gerrard took no shit with most players and the media.We need to be ruthless ,none likes us and we should give them all a reason why.

Knutson or Dyche for me and if not then Gerrard again even if to get the club back to where we were and then bin him for someone better.

Gerrard without Beale would be a disaster. Almost every player attributes all the good stuff to Beale.

And nothing from the new signings suggests they will hit the levels Tav, Goldson, Kent, Morelos did at their best. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They likely do, hence the tightening of purse strings, given we cost over 70mill to run per season and our incomes without euro money dont come close to it, you can see why they wont just think "we sold 30mill quid worth, lets spend 30mill quid" 

Suppose so, so that'll mean our accounts will look very healthy indeed because they tightened the purse strings after bringing millions in but I highly doubt it.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

is that 70 from last years accounts ?