Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Biggest shock and surprise is they’ve actually made it decent prices.

Prices are decent, little bit of me thinks they could have went further and made it free to anyone who bought the 3 game package.

The team will need a game before Hibs on the Thursday night but not sure on the opposition, if they smack us then everyone will go on a downer.

KO time is shite being 1pm.

50 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In one season.

One. In 150 years of this club. The rest of his 2 and a quarter seasons were rubbish. The football at times was turgid. The 0-0 draw at home to St Johnstone was one of the worst games of football I've ever attended.

He had a worse Scottish Cup record than Graeme Murty. We got put out cups by St Mirren, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and bottom of the table Hearts. Under him we lost at home to Aberdeen twice. We lost games to absolutely terrible Hamilton, Livingston, Dundee Utd, and Hearts sides.

The one season you mention was probably the most important season in our entire history probably the most important season in Scottish football. I've never defended the cup record although most are forgetting at the same time we were performing well in Europe restoring our reputation and raising much needed finances at the time.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Here comes his standard response of we won the clubs most important title under him and had a 7 game unbeaten streak against them 

That mentality from the club is why we've gone so far backwards. 

55 should have been the launch to a period of dominance. Adding more leagues and cups. It's what our club was built on although only fans now seem to have those standards. 

We had the taigs down and we should have been pressing the advantage.

Instead they have let them retake the advantage and now sit about twiddling thumbs while the current manager hands them another league. 

19 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Can @Kylegibbe renamed The Gerrard Simp? @BlueSuedeSambas

He should be renamed Watching Paint Dry.

His arguments are just being recycled from his time on FF. He'll be on GersNet next after this doing the same thing and making the exact same posts.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

55 should have been the launch to a period of dominance. Adding more leagues and cups. It's what our club was built on although only fans now seem to have those standards. 

Instead they have let them retake the advantage and now sit about twiddling thumbs while the current manager hands them another league. 

And the most galling thing is we’ve repeated so many of the mistakes they made. We have a squad of 30 first team players. Half are Injured, old, disinterested or out of contract.

Our wage bill has gone up to 45 million.

Literally the exact mistake Lennon made when he kept brown on for a season too long.  Jobs for the boys to Arfield, Davis, McGregor. 

Since then they’ve gutted their squad of any player that didn’t want to be there is gone. Any player that is injury prone. Some for good fees. Some for free.

Julien, bitton, bolingoli, Ajeti, barkas, rogic, Christie, bayo, hendry, ntcham, edouard, ajer

The state of our squad is scary. It’s not too late as it can be turned around in a few windows with a good manager. And if Wilson is gone. But they also had money which we don’t seem to have. 

37 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree however 55 and stopping them doing 10iar was of huge importance but yes with them on their knees we should've strengthened and went on to dominate. 

3 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I agree however 55 and stopping them doing 10iar was of huge importance but yes with them on their knees we should've strengthened and went on to dominate. 

It was of huge importance and it should have been done the season before. 

An actual manager would've won the league within 2 seasons. 

Gerrard got lucky here and then got found out at Villa

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

You mate. 

Ok so most don't want Gerrard back fair enough. We all agree I think that the next appointment as manager is crucial for the club and it would appear that our finances aren't great so do we continue with Gio in the hope he turns it around or do we have blind hope that the board can find a good cheap option. 

32 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Ok so most don't want Gerrard back fair enough. We all agree I think that the next appointment as manager is crucial for the club and it would appear that our finances aren't great so do we continue with Gio in the hope he turns it around or do we have blind hope that the board can find a good cheap option. 

People have gave you countless examples of who they would want in . If the board get a cheap replacement then that is on them and then all attention and pressure should be on clearing the useless cunts out . It probably already should just now but a change of manager is looking like it is needed sooner rather than later and the priority just now.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Sky Sports trailing Gio press conference coming up.

Based on Sky’s previous, I’ll put the kettle on around 4ish 👍

”I’ve had enough and I’m leaving with immediate effect” will be just one of the things he won’t be saying.

Is this not the standard press conference for the game tomorrow? 

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

1 domestic trophy out of 9 is atrocious 

Stopping them doing 10iar was brilliant restoring our reputation in Europe after being eliminated by Progres Neiderkorn was remarkable as was an undefeated league season a club record points total of 102 points, 7 games undefeated against celtic, conceding only 13 goals in a league season, finishing 25 points ahead of celtic in their most important league season, causing celtic to lose their Captain, Manager and chairman in the same season.  I  suppose it depends how you want to look at things but I don't think he done to badly and that's before you mention the meltdowns with MSPs in the Scottish Parliament and the police having to investigate fake tiktok videos because we won that 1 trophy out of 9.

12 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

People have gave you countless examples of who they would want in . If the board get a cheap replacement then that is on them and then all attention and pressure should be on clearing the useless cunts out . It probably already should just now but a change of manager is looking like it is needed sooner rather than later and the priority just now.

I agree but if the board get this wrong we could be looking at them dominating for a while and we can't afford that to happen.