Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

20 minutes ago, stevemac said:

How's he punching above his weight when we have the highest wage budget in the league?

Because its still the same fucking squad really

People are screaming for a pedro signing to start every game, people moaned when another pedro signing was subbed yesterday, our captain is still a warburton signing, 

41 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Oh and for the record, we finished 9pts behind the tarriers in gerrards first season, that season they mostly spent having Rodgers as their manager 

season under lennon in gerrards second season, we were 13pts behind and about to be bitch slapped off the at ibrox and it was early march

Some fucking progress that was

Covid saved him I reckon. We're were god awful by the time the league shut down

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why not? The majority of gerrards title winning team were brought into the club within the first season or already here for him

Id rather we win the fucking treble every year, but if our expectations are to punch above our weight every season then we are in trouble as not often in scottish football does that happen for the title 

Are you giving Gio 3 seasons to win the league?

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Oh and for the record, we finished 9pts behind the tarriers in gerrards first season, that season they mostly spent having Rodgers as their manager 

season under lennon in gerrards second season, we were 13pts behind and about to be bitch slapped off the at ibrox and it was early march

Some fucking progress that was

You're desperate mate.

Completely ignoring the fact we built the squad over those seasons which allowed us to win the league and become strong competitively in Europe. 

Something Gio benefitted from on day 1 that Gerrard very clearly didn't on his day 1 

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You're desperate mate.

Completely ignoring the fact we built the squad over those seasons which allowed us to win the league and become strong competitively in Europe. 

Something Gio benefitted from on day 1 that Gerrard very clearly didn't on his day 1 

You're completely ignoring the fact that gerrard regressed in his 2nd season and would never have won the league had covid not hit because he'd have been sacked or walked

So tell me again where the progression is from 9pts behind to 13pts going on 20 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're completely ignoring the fact that gerrard regressed in his 2nd season and would never have won the league had covid not hit because he'd have been sacked or walked

So tell me again where the progression is from 9pts behind to 13pts going on 20 

Progression is in winning the league and being feared due to multiple results in Europe. That progression got him 3 years, rightly so.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is that a YES, you'd give him 3 years? 

No, because i never would have gave gerrard 3 years, and im on record i believe saying he should have went before covid shut us down 

But he proved me wrong, so maybe gio can as well no? 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Progression is in winning the league and being feared due to multiple results in Europe. That progression got him 3 years, rightly so.

Except he wouldnt have won the league had covid not hit, as he'd have been out on his arse 

Oh and he didnt win the league right away, infact all he had in the bank was good euro results 

Kinda like gio has

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No, because i never would have gave gerrard 3 years, and im on record i believe saying he should have went before covid shut us down 

But he proved me wrong, so maybe gio can as well no? 

So how long or under what circumstances is it before enough is enough with Gio?

Yes, you were wrong.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Glad I’m not the only one who can see his clear hatred of Gerrard :lol:

Think you'll need to find ANY of my posts where i say i hate gerrard? Just one will do 

What i will say here and now to save you looking is that imo he wasnt the resounding success everyone claims he was, one title, no cups (embarrassing cup record tbh) in 3 years isnt all to be shouted about

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Except he wouldnt have won the league had covid not hit, as he'd have been out on his arse 

Oh and he didnt win the league right away, infact all he had in the bank was good euro results 

Kinda like gio has

Fortunately the Board were right to stick by him whilst you were wrong to want shot. Almost like they still believed in the project.

I know he didn't win right away. That's taking us back again to him competing with an established, settled, winning competitor who were spending more on transfers and wages I believe. Whilst he inherited shit. And he still overcame it.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Think you'll need to find ANY of my posts where i say i hate gerrard? Just one will do 

What i will say here and now to save you looking is that imo he wasnt the resounding success everyone claims he was, one title, no cups (embarrassing cup record tbh) in 3 years isnt all to be shouted about

We won’t find any because you won’t just come out and say it even though most people on here can see it because they are capable of reading between the lines.