Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Think we will win tomorrow because like Aberdeen Hearts will open up and fancy their chances, which will suit us. Hearts played like complete morons against celtic recently when they should have sat back after going ahead 

I thought we'd win well on Sunday so you are probably right going by my predictions, I just think we'll be misfiring again and lose the obligatory goal.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In one season.

One. In 150 years of this club. The rest of his 2 and a quarter seasons were rubbish. The football at times was turgid. The 0-0 draw at home to St Johnstone was one of the worst games of football I've ever attended.

He had a worse Scottish Cup record than Graeme Murty. We got put out cups by St Mirren, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and bottom of the table Hearts. Under him we lost at home to Aberdeen twice. We lost games to absolutely terrible Hamilton, Livingston, Dundee Utd, and Hearts sides.

Here comes his standard response of we won the clubs most important title under him and had a 7 game unbeaten streak against them 

Any talk of SG is just short sighted, predictable, uninspired drivel.

He deserves a thank you for pulling the club up when we needed it most and restoring a professionalism and pride we had long since lost.  He deserves a big thank you for 55 as well.  That's it - a thank you.  He wasn't an all conquering messiah - he did well in patches, not so well in others.  He then moved on, as did we. 

The fact that neither of those "moving on" situations have worked out doesn't mean we should think about him coming back.

It's like going back to your ex that left you because your current bird is shit in bed and your ex gave you a brilliant BJ a couple of times. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Here comes his standard response of we won the clubs most important title under him and had a 7 game unbeaten streak against them 

I really hate that phrase tbh.

I see it all the time and I think its incorrect and I think its part of the reason why some of our current players seem to have zero hunger for winning anything else.

46 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

But we still played good football and should’ve won by more.

That performance showed to me that the players haven’t chucked it as many people have said but there’s clearly issues somewhere.

Gio is clearly here up until the old firm game and if we lose that he’ll be gone when the protests will really start 

There's no way he's making it to the old firm game, not a chance in hell imo, the board will see more points dropped then act, he's already a dead man walking.

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

7 points not enough for this bunch of board wankers mate? 😉

No because Douglas Park is far too stubborn to admit they have got anything wrong.  If it hadn't been for our Euro run last season Gio would be gone as would Wilson.   

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Forget Gerrard.  Even our board wouldn't be that stupid.  Thanks to the utterly useless Wilson we can't afford to pay him off or pay compensation to get anyone in.  The board has given Wilson far too much leeway without anyone looking at his record.  

Without knowing the details behind GVBs deal, or possible termination, I can't really comment but the fact that he is still here after the number of absolute humiliations he's endured tells me you are either right that we can't afford to sack him/get someone else in, or they genuinely believe in him.

Either way, those running the club and making those decisions, are negligent and culpable. 

I'm appalled he's still in a job. 

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

7 points not enough for this bunch of board wankers mate? 😉

Certainly isn't for these fucking idiots, he's lost the fans and when that happens it's only a matter of time, what's happening now is just a reflection of the boards incompetence, no surprises there.

Just now, Kylegib said:

Are you still trying to belittle some of our club record achievements m8.

He did very well in some things, decent in others, not so well in others.  Not a messiah, but not a disaster.  He did ok.  He delivered what we needed, instilled an identity back, but made a mess of some other things.

Can we move on now ffs?!

1 minute ago, Kylegib said:

Are you still trying to belittle some of our club record achievements m8.

Haven’t belittled the title win at all, I have simply pointed out how shite a manager Gerrard was overall and the fact he repeatedly bottled games when we were favourites. 

Seems everyone on here is bored of your pish anyway, so I’ll stop responding to you now. Hopefully Liverpool pick up form again mate and you’ll be away off the forum shortly 

31 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I really hate that phrase tbh.

I see it all the time and I think its incorrect and I think its part of the reason why some of our current players seem to have zero hunger for winning anything else.

It’s diddy mentality 

might be a cliche but the most important title is the next one. 55 is done and history and in reality it now appears it was just case of stopping 10 in a row in terms of its importance . 55 should have been the building block and catalyst for getting us back consistently to being top in this country , instead the club have utterly fucked it and we have sleepwalked right back into another period of domination from them.