Bassey

beararse

Much of the issues on the left came from our midfield.

Rogic repeatedly found pockets of space, and midfield were too slow to shut him down whilst Jota was Basseys man.

Then Kent getting overlapped and losing possession added to it.

Bassey contributed to the first, but he wasn't as poor as some with their mind made up about him are making out.

Bullied he wasn't, and some of his apparently shite crosses all day were excellent.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He was actually probably the best out of all wide players today.

Some cracking crosses, but definitely too many shite ones too.

Nope final ball was shocking

Ramsey was only player with pass marks today the rest in final third were shocking

Just now, DJ RFC 1872 said:

Nope final ball was shocking

Ramsey was only player with pass marks today the rest in final third were shocking

Watch it again. The best most dangerous crosses came from him not Kent, Tav, Aribo etc.

Not all, but certainly more than you're giving credit for.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He put in one good cross lol

You hype him and blame others all you like, he was woeful, end off.

He put in more than 1 good cross ffs 😂

Aye ill hype him by saying he was culpable at the goal, and made too many poor crosses. 😂

"End off" 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And that's on Roofe etc who did fuck all with any cross.

Thats unfair, in the second half when he wasn't offside he put a header wide and leathered another into the Copland. Alround a cracking afternoons shift.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Much of the issues on the left came from our midfield.

Rogic repeatedly found pockets of space, and midfield were too slow to shut him down whilst Jota was Basseys man.

Then Kent getting overlapped and losing possession added to it.

Bassey contributed to the first, but he wasn't as poor as some with their mind made up about him are making out.

Bullied he wasn't, and some of his apparently shite crosses all day were excellent.

I don't think Bassey was helped at all by Kent today. He didn't track back very often, leaving Bassey with two on one's with Balogun having to come from central to help out.

Not entirely sure what Kent offered today tbh. He didn't do his tracking back, and he offered very little in an attacking sense. Kemar Roofe was deeper than Kent at times. 

I think what you get from Bassey is a lot of effort, drive to get forward and a "never defeated" attitude. Both he and Tav were putting some good crosses into the box, unfortunately we had nobody driving forward to get on the end of them.

Bassey is the only player that can hold his head up after another shambles imo.

Yes he got caught for their first but then our keystone cops of a defence dealt with the rest of the move shambolically. He ran his socks off the whole game, made few error passes, was always trying to drive the team foward and dealt with Jota very well, bullied him. The amount of mistakes by our so called seasoned pros like Tav giving the ball away, wayward crosses time and time again.

I don’t think we will ever shake off the losers tag until the likes of Tav is away. Lovely guy but he cannot go any further than he has - there just is some mental block there.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

He was fuckin awful. Barasic would have been slaughtered for that performance.

Genuinely don't get this at all.

McGregor got goalside for their goal but he must have won at least a dozen 1 v 1 duels after that and can't remember him losing one.

Some of the floaty balls in were never going to cause any damage but two or three balls in were very good, and going forward he never had the ball taken off him.

20 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I don't think Bassey was helped at all by Kent today. He didn't track back very often, leaving Bassey with two on one's with Balogun having to come from central to help out.

Not entirely sure what Kent offered today tbh. He didn't do his tracking back, and he offered very little in an attacking sense. Kemar Roofe was deeper than Kent at times. 

I think what you get from Bassey is a lot of effort, drive to get forward and a "never defeated" attitude. Both he and Tav were putting some good crosses into the box, unfortunately we had nobody driving forward to get on the end of them.

Rogic was best player on the pitch 1st half. He had acres of space in the mid left flank. Can't blame Kent for it all as we were also demanding the high press, he can't do both, that's where Jack or Lundstram should have been snuffing out the danger.

I agree with others that at times there's wasn't enough quality in the crossing, but it's just pre concieved bias against the kid saying his crossing all game was abysmal 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Honestly can't grasp what game people watch.

Someone is 'immense' and 'outstanding' when he shat it for the first goal. Also ran away from Rogic as well.

He also lost Maeda twice AND Ralston twice that gave them 4 good chances to score. He was horrific and his crossing % was uterly embarrassing.

Aye but he got forward and won a couple of challenges, woohoo..

his positional sense for a left back is awful decent going forward  at least at centre half he has others to bail him out when he gets caught out of position which happens a lot

8 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Bassey is the only player that can hold his head up after another shambles imo.

Yes he got caught for their first but then our keystone cops of a defence dealt with the rest of the move shambolically. He ran his socks off the whole game, made few error passes, was always trying to drive the team foward and dealt with Jota very well, bullied him. The amount of mistakes by our so called seasoned pros like Tav giving the ball away, wayward crosses time and time again.

I don’t think we will ever shake off the losers tag until the likes of Tav is away. Lovely guy but he cannot go any further than he has - there just is some mental block there.

we won the league last year with tav in the team  undefeated and lost 9 goals in 38 games  tav always seemed to be the scapegoat

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rogic was best player on the pitch 1st half. He had acres of space in the mid left flank. Can't blame Kent for it all as we were also demanding the high press, he can't do both, that's where Jack or Lundstram should have been snuffing out the danger.

I agree with others that at times there's wasn't enough quality in the crossing, but it's just pretty concieved bias against the kid saying his crossing all game was abysmal 

That's very true. There has to be more of a positional awareness from us. I just felt Kent was playing too far forward then too centrally at points, rather than picking the ball up deeper and running with it, which I think is his main strength. 

But, I agree that Lundstram or Jack should have been shifting across to cover. 

I just feel like we have too many players when the chips are down who go into hiding. There's a huge rebuild on our hands come the summer.