****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think I’m done with Gio now tbh. 

Not starting Ramsey in a European QF only for him to show up in a dead rubber against hammer throwing cunts like Alan Power and Alex Gogic is absolutely shocking mismanagement considering he HAS to start next Thursday and Sunday. 

Absolutely fucking ridiculous decision 

He's a fucking idiot 

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I get that he's had some injuries over the last year but he's 31 year old and hasn't really had anything long term

After 3 months here, he should be fit enough to at least contribute in 3 games over a week!

He was fit on Thursday just we have a big squad according to our manager:headwall: 

Gio decision making with him is ridiculous. 

Just now, JC10 said:

I've given GVB the benefit of the doubt, but playing ramsey in this and not Thursday is brutal 

Genuinely gives the feeling he picks his team with the help of a magic 8 ball.

Just sack the cunt and get someone else.

Would love a good manager, but at this stage I would take Neilson from Hearts.

If GVB is our manager at the start of next season, then we win nothing, it's that simple. Cunt is clueless.

2 minutes ago, JC10 said:

I've given GVB the benefit of the doubt, but playing ramsey in this and not Thursday is brutal 

The only reason I came up with why Ramsey didnt place as GVB knew we wouldn't have control of the ball and Arfield is more of a runner than Ramsey.

Ramsey also looked tired v the scum. He should have come off the bench though.

He will likely play 70 minutes today then Thursday and Sunday.

11 hours ago, HG5 said:

Cheers.

Not great then.

If anything struck me as a failing last weekend, it was the relentless desire to find someone outside to pass it to, rather than actually doing anything positive themselves.

Nobody willing to break the lines.

Sounds like the young guys are getting brainwashed with the same routines.

Your comment of ‘10 passes when 2 would do’ reminds me of Doug Baillie & Co from The Sunday Post!

you must be as old as me  i remember doug baillie from the sunday post

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think GVB left him out as he was going for a more rigid structure with pace on break on Thurs, rightly or wrongly. For me full back were held back, Arfield included for dig at expense of flair etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same at Hampden, whereas I think he'll go for it more on Thursday like today, with Ramsey starting both.

I also think he looked fucked against the scum, so nowhere near fitness to play every game. And if it is that way that's on him.

Yep completely agree & tbh with you I don't think I could fault him for that. 

Ramsey on Thursday would've made very little difference, Braga were very comfortable and being at home you'd expect them to have the majority of the chances, Ramsey with no legs wouldn't have fixed that. 

Against the scum, we dominated possession and he was able to get time to play passes, hopefully more of that at next week

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think I’m done with Gio now tbh. 

Not starting Ramsey in a European QF only for him to show up in a dead rubber against hammer throwing cunts like Alan Power and Alex Gogic is absolutely shocking mismanagement considering he HAS to start next Thursday and Sunday. 

Absolutely fucking ridiculous decision 

You would still have moaned if he was on the bench though. 

I agree that if there's a game you would prefer him to start in, it would be the bigger European game, but moaning because he has now been picked is a bit moaning for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The young ones got fucked 4-0 yesterday by a bunch of students from Stirling Uni.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They got pumped 4-0 by Stirling Uni yesterday.

Cheers fellas

Completely lost interest this week tbh and not kept up with the news :hit:

Just now, billscott said:

hope you are not serious about neilston from hearts

Not really, but I suspect he would be a big improvement on GVB.

I genuinely don't have a clue about managers from outside of Scotland and Neilson has his newly promoted Hearts sitting in comfortable 3rd place.

No doubt there are better managers out there in Europe/England, but I would happily take the chance on Neilston rather than going with GVB next season, which is what I expect to happen.

We keep GVB and I think everyone can see the righting on the wall, we would be going all in with a complete dud.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You would still have moaned if he was on the bench though. 

I agree that if there's a game you would prefer him to start in, it would be the bigger European game, but moaning because he has now been picked is a bit moaning for the sake of it.

Clearly isn’t. He should’ve started on Thursday not today. 

I’d have been delighted if he was on the bench today, because it would’ve shown slight management that we have bigger fish to fry next week because it’s basically a season defining week not a dead rubber against cloggers he’s up against in the middle of the park