****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

Just now, HG5 said:

We say that, but Tav still seems to get up the park plenty (even found around the penalty spot in open play) - just the outcomes aren’t as good as last season, in the main.

Bassey was often up the park on Sunday, again output was poor.

Not helped by the eternity it took to get it out to him, meaning he needed to pick out isolated blue jerseys in a packed box.

By isolated players I think you mean Roofe lol !

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate I'm not convinced by him, and do think he needs the opportunity to overhaul it in the summer. But I do think Ramsey is a free player rather than one who fits into a defensive minded rigid structure so I get the logic.

We'd maybe have scored if he came on, but we'd also maybe have lost a 2nd on Thursday 

If we go through on Thursday then GVB will be vindicated in his tactics. If not, he'll be culpable.

This.

Clearly trying not to lose the tie after first leg.

He went for a quick team that could hit on the break and was let down by poor performances all over the pitch…again.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

This.

Clearly trying not to lose the tie after first leg.

He went for a quick team that could hit on the break and was let down by poor performances all over the pitch…again.

He let himself down by not putting on our most creative player who was fit to play. Instead Arfield got the 90 despite blowing out his arsenal after half an hour.

Standard Gio

Don't agree with calls for Davis, slows the game down too much. Every player that doesn't play suddenly becomes great in their absence - Katic, Davis, Helander....

Why Ramsay is playing against St Mirren but not in Europe is beyond me. Utter waste of cash and beginning to think it was a Wilson signing foisted on GVN against his will.

The fact that Sakala is starting ahead of Diallo on the wing is ridiculous, particularly after his performance on Thursday. 

it’s worth remember that Diallo played well in his first game against Ross County before the Old Firm nightmare. Since then he’s not had a sniff, but everyone was shocking that day and others have been brought back into the team. 

Give the boy a proper chance ffs. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He let himself down by not putting on our most creative player who was fit to play. Instead Arfield got the 90 despite blowing out his arsenal after half an hour.

Standard Gio

Can’t argue with Arfield! Don’t get what he sees in him at all.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Leagues over. Dropping points now doesn't mean anything.

You dont care yet you're on a match thread for a game you don't care about?

What happen is that if we drop points you'll be all over it. And if we win you'll be saying we should be anyways, it doesn't matter, players fucked it for us last week., moan, bitch, greet.

If that rocks your boat fair enough.