UCL 22/23

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Be mad to take it.

We've got several players needing minutes for fitness/sharpness. We also have players still getting used to each other. 

It's also not like breaks have ever really helped us in the past. We're better continuing to play. 

I think we’re well used to weekend - midweek - weekend.

Seems like when we’ve too much time to think we lose a bit of momentum. 

34 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Be mad to take it.

We've got several players needing minutes for fitness/sharpness. We also have players still getting used to each other. 

It's also not like breaks have ever really helped us in the past. We're better continuing to play. 

Fair point 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

If we asked the league to move our Hibs away game before the second leg I am sure they would be happy to pencil it in for the Monday night 

If they could, they would.

This country forgets which club single-handedly dragged up the national co-efficient to the current high.

On 10/08/2022 at 18:15, AGM_72 said:

Tbh I'd rather more games so the team keep getting used to each other as a unit, plus Morelos needs minutes for these two games. 

I agree. We’re still a bit rusty in places as the first half showed the more minutes the better. 

I had no worries we would get past USG, even after last week's debacle I still fancied us strongly, this game is a different kettle of fish, I think it's very evenly matched but I do fancy us, blue tints are always on, no point saying they're not but I just feel they're below a Dortmund and Leipzig and we've shown we're more than capable in that environment, more importantly as well, the second leg is away from home and that'll be two further weeks of getting Morelos upto speed, he'll start in Holland and he'll score and take us through.

I fancied Monaco to scud them so while I'm happy we've avoided that game it's obvious PSV have big qualities but this squad knows what's expected of them in these two leg games and whether we win or draw next week, Alfie will be instrumental over there.👊

I think I feel more confidence for this tie than the USG one. USG set up like an SPL team but were more dangerous on the counter than we were used to. We should know how to deal with a packed defence by now but we still seem to struggle.

I can’t see PSV setting up the same and will be more likely to come out to play which seems to suit the way Gio wants to set up the team. By no means think it will be easy and PSV may still prove to have too much for us (think their midfield is a particular area of strength vs us) but think the overall pattern of play may just suit us better.