UCL 22/23

21 hours ago, Willis said:

Mate the Spanish polis wouldn't allow flags on bamboo sticks and you expect them to allow every fan approach the stadium with dowsing rods get a grip man

They made me take my hat off so they could check if anything was inside it and they unfolded my flag (which was folded up and in my back pocket) to make sure I wasn't hiding anything inside it 

They were fucking mongs

On 22/05/2022 at 02:39, OzzieBear said:

"We will enter in QR3 - meaning if we lose we are guaranteed Europa League group stage football."

And if we win, does that mean we are in the ECL?

How many QRs is there?

it's a weird system mate where runnersup in the league actually benefit more than champions in situations where both have to qualify - why? fuck knows but lose either 3rd qualifier or playoff and its europa league group stage next season

34 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

it's a weird system mate where runnersup in the league actually benefit more than champions in situations where both have to qualify - why? fuck knows but lose either 3rd qualifier or playoff and its europa league group stage next season

So we have 2 teams to beat to get in to a CL group ?

2 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

There is an explanation in video above.

Seen this elsewhere.

All the teams in bold have qualifiers so some might not make it, but this is what the pots could look like. If Liverpool win the champs league, they'd swap with Ajax. If Benfica somehow fail to qualify we'd be in pot 3.

Could be some unreal groups for us if we get there.

RKPKtFdX0-jZyvBH3IJDq-GTa2p7iiKjFx5QbyLh

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Seen this elsewhere.

All the teams in bold have qualifiers so some might not make it, but this is what the pots could look like. If Liverpool win the champs league, they'd swap with Ajax. If Benfica somehow fail to qualify we'd be in pot 3.

You have to want to be there, but the problem is getting 3rd is hugely difficult. Chances are much higher having a really long run from the Europa League.

15 minutes ago, Inceligo said:

You have to want to be there, but the problem is getting 3rd is hugely difficult. Chances are much higher having a really long run from the Europa League.

You’d be struggling to get an easy group but ideally Frankfurt, Sevilla and Benfica.

If we got there I’d imagine we get Man City, Juventus and Dortmund (again) 😂😂

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Seen this elsewhere.

So Celtic are the lowest ranked team in the tournament. 😂

19 minutes ago, Brackley said:

So celtic are the lowest ranked team in the tournament. 😂

It’s a fucking embarrassment to the Scottish game, they’ve had first place for the year we went down and the 5 years after that and they’ve regressed, that’s what makes it so annoying is we gift wrapped them this CL place, all will be forgotten if we qualify for CL and t]put the tramps back in their place next season.

3 hours ago, Brackley said:

So celtic are the lowest ranked team in the tournament. 😂

Annoyingly though, from a money perspective their 10 year coefficient is likely to be about 7th lowest netting them 7x 1,15m euros - about £7m. If we qualify we're likely to be bottom or 2nd bottom netting £1m or £2m.

They also wouldn't have been seeded in the qualifiers and, given their European form, would have been highly unlikely to qualify

Fucking infuriating 

4 hours ago, Broxi said:

Don't know if this has already been established in this thread or not because I wasn't following it too much but:

image.thumb.png.c81064cdf90de5dc3ab962299e8804b2.png

Seems we can't draw Benfica which is good. Would be good to avoid Monaco but I still fancy us to go through against all of those teams.

That's actually not too bad - a lot better than I thought it would be. No reason why we can't qualify

10 hours ago, MarzM said:

We need to have a good pre-season to get ready.

Last seasons was a clusterfuck with folk coming back at different times. Alfie having extra time off etc.

We really need to hit the ground running.

We need Alfie fit if his recovery allows. I’m not sure how long he was due to be out.

A fully fit Morelos drags us through those qualifiers.