Diallo next season?

G.E.C.

Diallo on loan if available  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Diallo

• Yes
    • No

Not rated him much this year. However, 65th game of the season and we had mountains more energy than hearts late on, even after 120 minutes during a heatwave in Spain. If our excellent strength and conditioning team can bulk him up a bit, I'm sure he'll excel next year. 

Wouldn't be upset if he isn't here next year, but could work out if he is. 

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Think he put in a really good shift today - worked really hard, especially defensively, like he had something to prove.

On the fence over him but thought he deserved a bit of praise after what has been a tough Rangers stint for him so far.

I was saying to the wife at the start of the game that he is shit at defending. He made me eat my words. Played like a very capable RB at times.

He was good going forwards too and had chances to score/assist. His best game in a Rangers shirt imo. 

• 11 months later...
4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

14 goals and scored a belter of a freekick today.

If Sunderland don’t go up would you try and take him on loan for next season?

You don’t get 2 hits at a player like this on loan, shambles the amount of game time he got here. 

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I actually think we missed a trick with Diallo.....he was judged more or less on that horror show at the piggery and never recovered from it....personally that ship has sailed

Fucking shame that mate. Boy certainly had game. I would take him back, but like you say, that ship has sailed methinks. 

after being unconvincing here he probably knew he needed to turn it on at Sunderland and try his nuts off, a bit like Kent when he needed to play for a contract but would just be hot and cold again like any confidence player (winger) imo.

23 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I actually think we missed a trick with Diallo.....he was judged more or less on that horror show at the piggery and never recovered from it....personally that ship has sailed

I don't think he'd have developed the same had he been here to be honest. 

Surrounded by folk that were half out the door, not exactly trying anymore. He'd have the pressure on him here to drag everyone else with him, and with the way we floundered this season, he'd have been slaughtered regardless.

Man United took him away from us to better develop him to be blunt.

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We used him very poorly and could have hampered his development. Thankfully that doesn't seem to have happened.

56 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I don't think he'd have developed the same had he been here to be honest. 

Surrounded by folk that were half out the door, not exactly trying anymore. He'd have the pressure on him here to drag everyone else with him, and with the way we floundered this season, he'd have been slaughtered regardless.

Man United took him away from us to better develop him to be blunt.

Tbf sunderland has a fair bit of pressure and record as underacheivers.

He was poor for us. Hes found a place where hes a better fit. End of.

Tbh a lot is just down to age and experience. There’s probably not that many players at 19 would come into the spl and set it alight straight away, with no pre season in their first taste of senior men’s football.

It’s not hugely surprising he’s kicked on. Same reason I’ll be sad to see Tillman go. Think he’d  go up a few notches next year and subsequent seasons

We massively fumbled the ball with him. 

He wS great in his first game against Ross County then had a tough time of it in the Old Firm as basically all our team did. From that point he was basically frozen out until the last couple of weeks of the season.

It was clear as day he had ability and the failure to use him was one of GVB’s big domestic mistakes last year.