Fanzone updates & city info

Essandoh

From my experince of 2008 at Ibrox it was not all plain sailing. First of all it was a nightmare trying to get in, free yes but only 3 stands open as the one and only screen was in front of the SJ stand. Fantastic atmosphere but unless you were in the main stand you did not have a great view. The result did not help but just being there amongst fellow bears helped a lot. One of those occasions where you can say " I was there"

For me, the ideal situation would be for Rangers and Glasgow City Council to get together and arrange four or more big screens inside Ibrox and use a £20 note as your ticket for entry to cover costs. Four stands full of bears, 40,000 - 50,000 first come, first served, with any overflow using a fan zone outside the stadium, possibly using the pitches across from the stadium and another big screen.

I'm sure this would also suit Police Scotland who might find it a lot easier to police rather than running around the whole of Glasgow city centre trying to keep order, because as sure as fate those tarrier bastards will be out to cause as much trouble as they can.

Just my thoughts, not perfect I know, but would you agree or disagree? Be interesting to hear other bears thoughts.

1 hour ago, shotstopper said:

Yeah, kinda thought that myself also, but put it in anyway. Very short time to print and issue tickets was my train of thought.

Wish it wasn't so mate...but there are a few adults? out there who would trample kids in a free for all.

Just a quick example...and one time this cunt who was quite a few behind me actually giving it "HEAVE" when told to stop it,he said "i'm trying to get in" to which i had to say "if you get in anywhere near me,i'll knock you back out"
Had my 9 year old son with me at Duncan Fergusons comeback between Xmas +New Year 93/94 ,after injury.
Have witnessed shite like this everywhere and not just football.

44 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Seville but I’m only going off what some of their more ‘senior’ posters were saying

Surely we’ll know before the weekend

The longer it goes the more I think nothing is going to happen. 

a week to go and they've no idea how they are going to accommodate 120k fans on the day. omnishambles. 

13 minutes ago, bigblueyonder said:

a week to go and they've no idea how they are going to accommodate 120k fans on the day. omnishambles. 

Aye it’s giving me a bit of a fear now tbh

Myself and my brother would be able to physically get ourselves elsewhere if we had to leave an area for whatever reason, but it isn’t as easy as that for my dad

We need to know there’s an official, designated place for the fans so that we can get there in advance and he doesn’t have to stress his knees any more than he has to

15 minutes ago, bigblueyonder said:

UEFA reinstating to ticket less fans to stay at home yesterday doesn't sound good for those going. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

UEFA reinstating to ticket less fans to stay at home yesterday doesn't sound good for those going. 

The part about selling on tickets was weird. Their method of distribution literally encourages people to apply and sell them on to desperate fans