*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

7 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Think you're being a bit harsh on Kent. The cross by Roofe has came in at pace, the defenders on him. If he scluffs the contact he probably scores, but he connects too well and hits it near to the keeper who makes a good save. 

I am being harsh. I'm just fucking heartbroken.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Nah can't agree. He wasn't at his Leipzig best but defensively sound on the whole and did his bit going forward.

You're expecting a match winner. He's a right back.

He was terrible tonight, quite a few were, defensively and offensively he was well short of how he has been in the tournament, 

They just werent their usual go for it attitude, to me the occasion got to too many of them

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

After a brilliant campaign, you'd think we could shelve the finger pointing for five fucking minutes.

Gutted, but it was a great campaign. Cheers for the memories, boys. Leipzig at Ibrox will be with us forever.

To do what we did with the players missing, a wish people would just stop and think about that for a moment. Such a phenomenal achievement to actually take it down to penalties. 

We just couldn't do it one more time. 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

After a brilliant campaign, you'd think we could shelve the finger pointing for five fucking minutes.

Gutted, but it was a great campaign. Cheers for the memories, boys. Leipzig at Ibrox will be with us forever.

We’re Rangers! We don’t do second prizes very well. 

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Ramsey pen wasn't straight down the middle like Tavs. It was off centre al, why the keeper managed to save it. It was a shite penalty mate. 

It was a shite penalty, I agree. Any penalty down the middle means you have no confidence to place it.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He lost the ball umpteen times and was torn to shred by their winger.

No shame in it given how many games he's played, tonight he was below par imo.

Eh? he lost the ball no more than a couple of times and won more 1 v 1s with their winger than he lost.

You're expecting a superhuman level of performance from him - so far off the mark to say he was woeful.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ramsey hit it there on purpose just like Tav did. You can't say one is good and the other is rotten.

He shouldn't have taken one because you can't come off the bench and be expected to score with your first touch.

I took enough penalties in my day but always knew when to say no. Ramsey should have said no.

I feel sorry for Sakala.

Ross barkely came off the bench, never touched the ball, and fucked a penalty into the top corner at the weekend

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Hope we win it obviously but for me will be such a hollow celebration.

Tonight was the one.

A once in a generation or several generations type one.

To be fair we haven't won a SC in donkeys years either.