*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I presume we practiced penalties and the stats showed Ramsey with a good score rate, there was no other reason to bring him on, it wouldn’t have been so bad if it was a great save but it was a poor penalty 

It was a terrible signing, basically a chance for him to get some fitness to play for Wales again and hopefully we get something out him. We didn't. It's not his fault we lost but for someone of his apparent class, it was a shit pen.

We went into a European final with no fit CF and went out on the lottery of penalties, some decisions are questionable with hindsight but I think considering the conditions and the amount of effort put in, we deserved at least to win it in ET. We didn't by missing 1 penalty, we need to square ourselves up and get the Scottish cup on Saturday regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

I'm more gutted with our performance it was abysmal at times,long punts up the park, not winning the midfield battles, playing without a striker, no bravery on the ball, Tav and Goldson taking an age on the ball then surrendering possession easily either by holding it too long or launching it out the park.

To get to a final and put that performance in doesn't sit well with me but a great ride getting there all the same.

well done Eintracht. 

I think we played like that to limit losing it in transition which they are dangerous at. Although you do think if we just pushed up and went hard what would have happened..

Such a harsh way to lose. So proud of Rangers though.
A team from Scotland reaching the EL Final given the financial constraints we have is phenomenal.
Maybe in another 14 years I will see us win it, but I have my doubts!
Though 10 years ago when we were at the bottom of Scottish Football if you told me we would be in a European Final I would have had you locked up for insanity.

It hurts, but at least we support and love a club that give us these opportunities. Twice in 14 years? Losing end both times but there are clubs that can go entire generations without seeing a glimpse of silverware.

Rangers 💙❤️🇬🇧

3 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Go fuck yourself ya cunt. Nobody is more disappointed than me but I am proud of our team and our support,… we are the fucking people

And you can fuck right off too, pally.

Supported them for 63 years and will continue to do so, but that golden opportunity was there for the taking. 

Bringing players on for pens never seems to work. Look at the Chelsea GK in the league cup for a prime example. Also remember a high profile player who's name escapes me, coming on and missing. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Didnt matter where he put it , most of us had a gut feeling he was missing. Terrible signing and hopefully on a plane to Italy now.

That's the thing, he won't really care. It won't hurt, he'll move on. Play for Wales in playoffs and if it goes to pens he'll probably score. 

Guys been a shite signing, and even listening to him in interviews for us he's never came across well to me anyway. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not the point, he is a world known international player who should be able to score a penalty when needed

The game doesn't play out like that. Ramsey is not the first good player to miss a penalty nor will he be the last.

The point is, he shouldn't have been asked to take one because his participation in a Rangers shirt has been next to none. 

I blame Aaron Ramsey for accepting to take one more than I do for him missing it.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Our fans were brilliant. 

you only heard what the TV let you hear 

Not sure it’s true.

When the cameras panned round the Rangers support most of the time blokes were just stood in silence, it panned to the Frankfurt fans and they were all singing in Unison.