*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, MarzM said:

We miss Alfie too much. All we did was pump long balls that came straight back. I still don't think they're all that good. If we had a striker i think it would have been different. 

Not true. We've arguably played better without Alfie, strangely.

We've not played like we have to pass to him all the time in and around the box. Our football seemed to flow better.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Dont talk utter pish , that was one of our worst ever away support , it was the Germans you heard all the way through the game not us.

I’m going to be honest here and say their support absolutely blew ours away this evening. Quite honestly they never ever stopped and our support simply couldn’t keep up. A credit to their team.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Back to the days of freezing when something is directly at stake.

Sadly, it has been a recurring theme.

That said, considering our resources compared to clubs we have faced in this run, it has been an outstanding Euro campaign, in fact, we have been excellent in Europe the last 4 years.

Just wasn't meant to be tonight.

Onto Saturday, whats done is done.

Smash Hearts and give us something to celebrate.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The game doesn't play out like that. Ramsey is not the first good player to miss a penalty nor will he be the last.

The point is, he shouldn't have been asked to take one because his participation in a Rangers shirt has been next to none. 

I blame Aaron Ramsey for accepting to take one more than I do for him missing it.

Well obviously they'll have practised penalties in training and ramsey would have been one of the better ones, tonight he fluffed his lines

I don’t really blame anyone - it was such fine margins, Aribo’s goal came from a slip, they could have had more, we should’ve buried a few. 

unbelievable we got this far but what a gutting way to lose.  Can’t fault the players, what a run. 

still surreal we got to the final 

4 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Honestly though we were gonna win after Aribo scored😔

we all did but then Rangers do what Rangers do best, fanny about with the ball and time waste while the cunts where there for the picking, after we scored the amount of mistakes and lose balls from them in that 7 minute spell was our chance to do something, instead they made a sub and less than 13 minutes later scored.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Our support were fucking horrific. 

Had 3/4 of the stadium yet silence and stood still. 

All fans who either spend the most or have the most time off. 

Frankfurt done the correct thing and got their main support tickets.

Can't really disagree but at the same time it's hard to just give the loudest fans the big games. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Dont talk utter pish , that was one of our worst ever away support , it was the Germans you heard all the way through the game not us.

And as further proof, the last 5 mins of normal time was a perfect example of how passive the support was at times tonight. At every corner and set-piece most of them were just standing there doing nothing .....

It's clear to me that it wasn't the usual away support that managed to get the tickets tonight. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Did Kent try and go back across the keeper? Looks that way on the replay.

Nah mate, the ball came at him pretty quickly, a defender was alongside him. It came off his foot too well which meant it went straight and the keeper saved it. If he mishit it either way it goes in imo. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Pish 

wright should have stopped the cross

Exactly, sums him up the way he put his foot up to stop it was like  watching a rangers woman player , how the fuck he started is beyond me.

sakala must be fkn raging a ridiculous humiliating decision to sub a sub

sands coming on was just wtf is he going to do