*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

34 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Can't believe you're letting Goldson off the hook in that post???Deflecting  to Wright and Bassey is pathetic.

So the guy who doesn't shut the cross down doesn't deserve criticism, and the guy marking the striker who scored doesn't deserve crisicism

Goldson got it tight against braga and leipzig for losing their goalscorer, so why shouldn't bassey 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So the guy who doesn't shut the cross down doesn't deserve criticism, and the guy marking the striker who scored doesn't deserve crisicism

Goldson got it tight against braga and leipzig for losing their goalscorer, so why shouldn't bassey 

Yes Wright could have done better but ffs the ball was right there in front of Goldson,watching the replay over and over it actually looks like Goldson pulls his right foot back from the ball.Bassey covered some ground to get to their striker,who was Goldson picking up?

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Yes Wright could have done better but ffs the ball was right there in front of Goldson,watching the replay over and over it actually looks like Goldson pulls his right foot back from the ball.Bassey covered some ground to get to their striker,who was Goldson picking up?

Who was goldson picking up? Fucking hell they had one striker that bassey lost, the striker is behind goldson therefore its basseys man

Goldson does look like he pulls his foot back in fear of scoring the own goal like bassey away to lyon, if Wright blocks the cross or bassey tracks the run totally we could very well be celebrating today

Blaming goldson specifically for a goal that the wide man failed to stop coming into the box and the other centre half for not tracking the scorer is harsh as fuck

49 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Just heard on 'Rangers Review' that there was a serious lack of food and WATER in the stadium,seems a lot of fans were dehydrated.If that's the case,small wonder our fans were on the quiet side.

It really was a joke. I think of myself as someone who can get stuck into a good singing sesh but by half time yesterday evening I was dead on my feet- not helped by the fact that police had me and thousands of others kettled in for no reason prior to the match starting causing genuine distress and dehydration, as well as making my legs feel like absolute jelly for the whole match.

I'm raging at Tav and Goldson tbh. Don't think Tav found a blue shirt all night and Goldson had to have been in double figures for the amount of long balls just fucking lumped out the park. We can talk about the lottery of penalties but when 2 of your leaders on the pitch give possession away time after time after time, you're not going to win games. 

And that's before you mention Goldson for their goal, dress it up how you like, it's dog shit defending.

On another night it could have been a 4-0 drubbing. On another night we would have held out at 1-0. 

Think no real number 9 caught up with us, looking back now that its over if we have a fully fit Morelos or Roofe we win that. Football God's struck us down. 

14 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Bottom line is nae Alfie nae party.

VERY noticeable lastnight,no out ball especially the 1st half.Balls being cleared were coming straight back at us also think he would have tormented their defence wi his strength and movement.

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve no idea if you’re trying to be sarcastic or not because I didn’t bother reading the last few pages before posting but aye. 

I thought mostly we played alright last night. Subs were bizarre and Ramsey’s penalty was brain numbing shite but overall we played pretty well.

I thought the fans on the tv sounded mostly shite btw. Don’t know if that was just the cameras picking it up that way but the fans seemed fucking dreadful. 

Aye on the telly it seemed eerily quiet

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

It doesn't make me feel better but it is undeniable. It'd be far worse if we battered them and couldn't get it done. Ultimately they were the better side.

For me that almost makes it worse. If we'd been braver, if the players had played the game and not the occasion, it could have been so different. But nothing kills time like asking 'what if?'

The bravery is the big thing for me. I dont feel like anyone in our team tried to take control and be brave on the ball. Our passing and carelessness is possession was terrible. 

57 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Well hopefully this picture will help with that. As even if he scored, it would have been chopped off 30 seconds later. 

FB_IMG_1652958567525.jpg

Could be the angle but the whole ball has to be out  would have been touch and go imo

42 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

VERY noticeable lastnight,no out ball especially the 1st half.Balls being cleared were coming straight back at us also think he would have tormented their defence wi his strength and movement.

The midfield was very static and forced us to go long too often, aribo anytime he got the ball at his feet was capable, but too often it was launched up to his head and the big centre half won every aerial duel

9 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Surprised Tav is getting a pass as well.   One of the worst games I’ve seen from him, which was tbh both surprising and a huge letdown.

Aye he was poor but that’s the way of it now it appears you’ve not to criticise just nod the head and hand over your cash. Only one that turned up was Bassey and Davis should’ve been on from the start. The rest were all over the place. Big job for Gio now, massive, let’s hope we get the right faces signed.