*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm as frustrated and pissed off as anyone m8 but I'm not going to over think this till my big bald head explodes, we got beat and after watching it back this morning we can't say Frankfurt probably shaded it, I'm now focused on Saturday. 

If Frankfurt had equalised in the last minute, then I could see a case for analysing the fuck out of their goal and who was at fault.

But there was still 20 odd minites plus injury time to play, so anything could have happened between then and full time.

3 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

I read a comment on FB that their starting 11 cost £44m to put together, no idea if that true but what did ours cost? I’m guessing about £11m? Most of it being Kent?

The annoying thing was Leipzig spent 90+ million this season and we put them to the sword.

The final was there for the taking and if we had shown up as we have in previous rounds we’d have won it even without Morelos, hagi and helander. That’s why it’s more frustrating than Manchester because it was really achievable.

I don’t see any reason we can’t get back to another final, sure we’re up against it financially but i take heart from the last 4 years in europe.

I will never watch it again but I have played it back all day in my head.

Frankfurt just edged it in 90 minutes but we were the better team in ET. Had it gone another ten minutes, I think we would have won.

There were quite a few what-if moments but that's football for you.

The SC is the only way to get me out of the doldrums.

Maybe feeling better knowing i never got on the bus.
Spoke to my son earlie,who had said they were still in Salamanca at 1.00 today and the bus wasn't leaving till 5.30 pm .......and it took them 40 hours to get there.
Think it was something to do with the spare driver not turning up.
ffs we're talking Saturday morning and he's got a ticket for hampden. :ang:   

36 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If Frankfurt had equalised in the last minute, then I could see a case for analysing the fuck out of their goal and who was at fault.

But there was still 20 odd minites plus injury time to play, so anything could have happened between then and full time.

As soon as they equalised we weren’t in it at all for me until Kent’s chance. Said to my mate at half time the only way we win is by taking it to pens and it showed. The only reason we scored was through a defensive howler from them. We hardly troubled the goalie the rest of the night

4 hours ago, Iakona said:

Balls off the ground which makes it appear slightly on the line - Var would have defo chopped it.

You can't tell from that view though, it would need to be right along the line and all I said is it would be tight.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

It’s not hard to fathom ffs. Goldson fucked it for us. He is our main defender and he let a cross ball within his reach go across our 6 yard box. The replays just make it look worse and worse each time it’s watched.

This x10. No fucking excuses.

2 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

It’s not hard to fathom ffs. Goldson fucked it for us. He is our main defender and he let a cross ball within his reach go across our 6 yard box. The replays just make it look worse and worse each time it’s watched.

The cross was outstanding.  A cross that should never have been 

13 hours ago, GOAT said:

My mate also had his phone pick pocketed in the queue to get in last night, was absolutely gutted for him.

One guy near me had his watch nicked when we were being held back by the police, but the guy that did it was seen and he got it back. 

18 hours ago, King Jela said:

Didn't realise how heavily strapped Roofe's leg was last night. 

Roofe was fucked in the warm up - Constantly touching his knee, going back n forth to the medical team - Didn’t look like a player who knew he was fit/ready to go

He was only on for pens unfortunately

Agree with Goldson has to go for the ball, don’t agree that if he does that we win don’t think it’s that simple, they’d have probably turned the screw more and would’ve still been in with a shout of scoring. It might’ve finished 1-0 it might not have we’ll never know. Ramsey hit a poor penalty, like others said better players than him will miss in shoot outs. Someone’s always going to be the villain gutted it was one of ours. One thing performance wise that was disappointing was our bravery on the ball, all the long diagonal balls, no one trying to play into midfield and break lines. Improved a bit when Davis came on but we were far too easy to defend against. 

23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Better players than Ramsay have missed penalties in shoot outs. It happens.

Goldson defends that cross like a SPFL defender, ie slide, get the block in, basic stuff, and we win that trophy. 

Wright was unlucky with his block, it went through his legs i think, it happens.

Really can't forget Goldson's part in their goal, then he did his usual, turn round and blame someone else.

100% spot on, won't happen but I wish he would come out and explain just what he was thinking about letting the cross go by him

24 minutes ago, mus said:

I know it's all if's and but's, but i was convinced that Goldson gave away a pen in the first half he definitely got the player without touching the ball IMO 

It was definitely a penalty. The last angle on the TV showed that despite the first few angles suggesting it was a dive.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Better players than Ramsay have missed penalties in shoot outs. It happens.

Goldson defends that cross like a SPFL defender, ie slide, get the block in, basic stuff, and we win that trophy. 

Wright was unlucky with his block, it went through his legs i think, it happens.

Really can't forget Goldson's part in their goal, then he did his usual, turn round and blame someone else.

I’d need to see it again, not that I want to, but I didn’t think it went through his legs.  I though he just lazily stuck a leg out, no commitment in stopping the cross.  Goldson should then have tried to clear it regardless.

At least I managed a bit of sleep last night.