*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

I'm actually fed up reading this pish that it was a shocking decision to let Ramsey take a penalty.....has it ever occurred that Ramsey was man enough to want to take a penalty.....fucking easy to criticise once the deed is done, fuck me two fantastic players in Roberto Baggio & Franco Baresi missed penalties in a world Cup final..... as gutting as it was, shit happens, its part and parcel of football ffs

9 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

But the cross did happen and our main defender didn’t defend it when it was within his reach. Why did he leave it ffs? He could have knocked it out of play. Such a shite soft goal to lose and typical of Goldsons defending this season. 

I think we all know that Goldson is good at heading out the box but a low cross and he becomes Bambi on ice. Lets hope who ever replaces him is better than that.

4 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Different thread but still, Ryanair can suck ma baws. Never flying with the cunts again 

I bought my outgoing flights after beating RS 3-0 in the first leg . Ryanair were offering about £27 for Seville .

My boy told me to stay well clear of them for the same reason youre talking about , so ended up getting Easyjet for £80 from London .

Best move I'd made . Fuck them .

40 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm actually fed up reading this pish that it was a shocking decision to let Ramsey take a penalty.....has it ever occurred that Ramsey was man enough to want to take a penalty.....fucking easy to criticise once the deed is done, fuck me two fantastic players in Roberto Baggio & Franco Baresi missed penalties in a world Cup final..... as gutting as it was, shit happens, its part and parcel of football ffs

I think people are pissed off at the effort more than anything if its hit at the corner and the keeper saves it then it's a quality save but Ramsey's penalty was shit

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

I think people are pissed off at the effort more than anything if its hit at the corner and the keeper saves it then it's a quality save but Ramsey's penalty was shit

Nah that is a completely different argument mate the fact it wasn'ta good penalty, I keep reading shit like he hasn't kicked a ball for us, always injured, waste of money etc etc....anyone that doesn't believe that the penalty taker discussion didn't take place at half time in ET are kidding themselves on.....hence the reason roofe & Ramsey were brought on

First I've felt talking about it . 

I thought our best chance was to do what we did against Red Star , Braga , Leipzig , and , toesser extent , Dortmund.  A ' blitzkrieg ' as others have described . 

That didn't happen . Now that doesn't mean there is to be blame apportioned.  Naturally , on such a big occasion , everyone is a bit more apprehensive , the temperature also dictates that we have to limit ourselves to a minimum of 90 minutes , so a blitzkrieg wasn't rely viable .

And while Eintracht had the best of the chances , I thought as the game progressed we grew more into it , particularly once Davis came on . 

Regrets . Obviously Ramseys penalty miss , Kents chance at the end , and not cutting out the cross for their goal , but for me , the biggest influence was Lundstrums accidental kick on their player in the first 5 minutes . It affected us more than them , in that our best player , Lundstrum,  was too scared do anything for the rest of the game . 

If there ever was a forlone hope , it was Alfie . I'm convinced he would have been the difference .

Sickened.  

28 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Nah that is a completely different argument mate the fact it wasn'ta good penalty, I keep reading shit like he hasn't kicked a ball for us, always injured, waste of money etc etc....anyone that doesn't believe that the penalty taker discussion didn't take place at half time in ET are kidding themselves on.....hence the reason roofe & Ramsey were brought on

Was a shit penalty though.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

He has been a waste of money tho.

26 minutes ago, Willis said:

He has been a waste of money tho.

Again mate that is another argument, the point is posters are seemingly gobsmacked that he was allowed to take a penalty....I'm quite sure he wasn't told that he had to take one....he clearly put his name forward before others to take one....the fact Arfield took one also tells me a lot.....his last penalty for Rangers was actually worse than Ramseys effort , clearly their weren't to many volunteers (if you pardon the pun)

My main takeaway from the game was that Tav was awful, and that set the tone for us. We just never got going, despite taking the lead we were riddled with errors.

Can’t fault the effort and they overachieved, but there’s many that are mentally weak, injury prone or just not good enough. 

Harsh maybe, but there’s still massive questions around this squad and their mentality. Will be torn up in the summer. 

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I said before the game never wanted him near the pitch. He shouldn't have been given the chance to take a penalty, in his current condition he's not good enough. Someone who's given their all this season takes it and misses I could deal with that a bit better. But ramsey's been an absolute fucking piss take so for him to swan up as Billy big baws and jump in ahead of say lundstrum I just find hard to take. 

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I said before the game never wanted him near the pitch. He shouldn't have been given the chance to take a penalty, in his current condition he's not good enough. Someone who's given their all this season takes it and misses I could deal with that a bit better. But ramsey's been an absolute fucking piss take so for him to swan up as Billy big baws and jump in ahead of say lundstrum I just find hard to take. 

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

You name 2 guys at the top of their game missing penalties and not some cunt who decides when and where to turn up,wales is a good example.

Just because he volunteered doesn’t excuse it from being a horrendous decision by the manger which is also part and parcel of football.

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

On ability Ramsey would’ve took a penalty for me all day long 

But as soon as I seen him about to step up I just had a sinking feeling. Guy has been subject of ridicule for being an awful signing and it was set up for him to miss and get even more 

It was a shit penalty but he was man enough to take it and you won’t see me faulting him for that. Goldson letting that cross run was the moment 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

On ability Ramsey would’ve took a penalty for me all day long 

But as soon as I seen him about to step up I just had a sinking feeling. Guy has been subject of ridicule for being an awful signing and it was set up for him to miss and get even more 

It was a shit penalty but he was man enough to take it and you won’t see me faulting him for that. Goldson letting that cross run was the moment 

I genuinely have no idea regarding Ramsey’s ability intaking penalties - he may have scored with loads in his career, or none - I don’t know. I’m sure someone will.

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

I genuinely have no idea regarding Ramsey’s ability intaking penalties - he may have scored with loads in his career, or none - I don’t know. I’m sure someone will.

Same I just think if he was someone who had been here for ages for example based on his ability, experience and not being overawed by the occasion you’d think he’d be a good choice 

But based on what’s happened since he arrived I wouldn’t have had him on one 

59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

My main takeaway from the game was that Tav was awful, and that set the tone for us. We just never got going, despite taking the lead we were riddled with errors.

Can’t fault the effort and they overachieved, but there’s many that are mentally weak, injury prone or just not good enough. 

Harsh maybe, but there’s still massive questions around this squad and their mentality. Will be torn up in the summer. 

To be fair, the Germans correctly identified Tavernier and Kent as our main men and handcuffed them accordingly.

We appeared to have no Plan B, hence the endless punts up the park, so predictable.

If I have one criticism of Gio, it is that, on this one critical occasion, he didn’t have a solution. He should have anticipated their stifling of two key men and had other options.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Gutted, can’t even get up for the Scottish cup final today,  only going because the wee man would not miss it for the world.

That has hurt more than any other game in my life, bloody penalties

Can't argue with this.  One kick of the ball makes so much difference.

When you consider will we ever get another chance against a team as beatable as Frankfurt.  Devastating.