*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

22 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

"John Greig"

Aka the specky hotdog Robertson, Graham and Blair.

This is in the behaviour thread with the rest of the club pandering nonsense.

They are really pushing this behave yourself line 😂😂 whilst we are all hugely excited it would appear the board are bricking themselves. 

Btw if the Frankfurt lads start I expect them to be set about its that simple 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

They are really pushing this behave yourself line 😂😂 whilst we are all hugely excited it would appear the board are bricking themselves. 

Btw if the Frankfurt lads start I expect them to be set about its that simple 

Apart from the usual 1 in 100 pissed idiots I expect it to go pretty well. 

Don't think we will have many issues with Frankfurt supporters over there.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:champions:

Seen it on the Behaviour thread mate seems to be getting mixed reviews ... understandably so ... because of the amount of ex players coming out and emphasising the message that all fans must behave in Seville

...... some condescending to say the least.

For me personally .... this genuinely heartfelt letter from our greatest Ranger should have been all the board needed to do .... as most remember or know what Big John was on about and the consequences for Rangers that happened when the overzealous Spanish Keystone Cops waded in with glee on our support back then ..... who were only doing what was done on many occasions back then .... plus there were no Russian fans in the stadium to cause the cops rivalry concerns due to them being refused travel permits in the USSR and the Cold War .... therefore no need for the cops to so violent towards a jubilant and benign support only wanting to congratulate their triumphant team.

We now have a situation where Eintracht also have a potentially large travelling support and this is the big difference as far as potential trouble occurring ..... and considering that in 1972 we served an effective 1 year ban (was originally 2 years) from playing in Europe I believe this to be the main message from John Greig .... and to be very careful of the slack Spanish constabulary provoking unrest.

Rangers suffered badly from this incident back then and hopefully we won't lose out on Wednesday as this time the rewards of winning this trophy are way way more valuable to our Club ..... and not just money wise either.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 

If this is anything like what the club put out before then it's been done by Robertson, Graham and Blair and given a tick by Greig.

2 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

I really depends what system you are playing, though. Would Carlos fit in with the current style of play? Im not so sure.

Terrific siege defender. His European performances that season were maybe the best of any Rangers player I've ever seen (taken over the piece).

I agree, not sure Cuellar would work in this Rangers team. For all he was a brick wall during a 90 minute opposition onslaught - I'm not sure he'd fair so well in a team with a more open and attacking style.

7 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Don’t know if I’m being an overconfident idiot but I have a weird feeling we are gonna win by 2 or 3. Just have a feeling we are gonna blow them away. A man can dream. 

I’ve said earlier for once I’d love to see a European opponent shit the bed and we steamroller them 3-0👍🏻

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

:champions:

Seen it on the Behaviour thread mate seems to be getting mixed reviews ... understandably so ... because of the amount of ex players coming out and emphasising the message that all fans must behave in Seville

...... some condescending to say the least.

For me personally .... this genuinely heartfelt letter from our greatest Ranger should have been all the board needed to do .... as most remember or know what Big John was on about and the consequences for Rangers that happened when the overzealous Spanish Keystone Cops waded in with glee on our support back then ..... who were only doing what was done on many occasions back then .... plus there were no Russian fans in the stadium to cause the cops rivalry concerns due to them being refused travel permits in the USSR and the Cold War .... therefore no need for the cops to so violent towards a jubilant and benign support only wanting to congratulate their triumphant team.

We now have a situation where Eintracht also have a potentially large travelling support and this is the big difference as far as potential trouble occurring ..... and considering that in 1972 we served an effective 1 year ban (was originally 2 years) from playing in Europe I believe this to be the main message from John Greig .... and to be very careful of the slack Spanish constabulary provoking unrest.

Rangers suffered badly from this incident back then and hopefully we won't lose out on Wednesday as this time the rewards of winning this trophy are way way more valuable to our Club ..... and not just money wise either.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 

:cup:
There it is.
Nice one Bobby.
Francos mob picked on the wrong group of people that night,and a good few were left to lick their wounds.