*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

32 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

I'm at the Alameda de Hércules, been here for about 4 hours now and it's bouncing but this sun is insane man. I'm off to go have a cold shower and a lie down so I can make it through the day. 

Plan on doing similar. Few beers in the terrace outside apartment and cold shower before the match. What a monumental night this could be for our club.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Genuinely brought a tear to my eye that. We have to win tonight. We just have to. I just can’t comprehend the idea of any other outcome.

Said it in 08 but this really is it with the way football is going we won't get another shot at a European trophy imo. The run has been remarkable. Dortmund we all thought that was us then two slightly easier ties in red star and braga then RBL. 

Tonight I think it's genuinely a 50-50 game it's different from Manchester getting to that final was our achievement tonight we can make history. I just hope we turn up

37 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Proper football question for once. How do we think the heat is going to affect our gameplan tonight? Thankfully we're playing a team who may also struggle in the heat, but it's still a concern. 

My heart says just go for it from the start but that might come back to bite us in the arse as the game wears on. I think we will play it tight for the first 20/30 minutes or so before upping the tempo but can see them doing the same, will be interesting to see what Gio has up his sleeve.

3 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

My heart says just go for it from the start but that might come back to bite us in the arse as the game wears on. I think we will play it tight for the first 20/30 minutes or so before upping the tempo but can see them doing the same, will be interesting to see what Gio has up his sleeve.

Think the heat will play a major part in how we start Dougie. Going to be interesting to see Gio's game plan.

feels surreal to see the Prime Minister wishing us well. usually its for english teams or for other sports that i think ive seen something like that…but it’s us. im sure he’ll be wishing liverpool good luck but today it’s us. 

the players arent just doing this for the fans. they are going out there to play for the country! not england, wales, northern ireland, or scotland. for the united kingdom :UK:

lets get fucking tore into this mob Rangers and bring that trophy back to ibrox!

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

McGregor

Tav Lundstram Goldson Bassey Barisic

Jack Kamara

Wright Aribo Kent

Think that’s the team that 99% of us would expect with Sakala, Roofe, Ramsey and Arfield as subs from 60 minutes onwards.

Be very surprised if it’s any different 

im a little nervous but no as bad as i thought id be! 

really think we’ll win. before we played leipzig i thought if we can beat them and avoid west ham then we’ll win. here we are after leathering leipzig and about to face frankfurt! it’s no just that but im not even entertaining the thought that they will win! i keep listening to my gut feeling and every time i think Rangers will win. 

now if only time would move a bit faster!

2 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Fuck me I just near spewed with nerves, I’m gonna be end up in the hospital at this rate. Rangers, man.

Was downing pints like a madskull yesterday to calm the jangled nerves and completely spaced on all the meds I’m on right now (getting old sucks). Long story short, that was a big no-no. Had one helluva horrible reaction and night, so today has to be a dry one. 😫😫😫

Hope to Christ the boys win this thing, ‘cause facing the alternative dry doesn’t bear thinking about.